Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Doctor Strange (2016)
Fringe Division
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 03:37 PM

Napkin Bracelet

PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 03:40 PM

#ILoveRogue

I watched it a couple days ago. It is literally a remake of Iron Man, much moreso than any other MCU movie. Rachel McAdams is completely wasted (she only appears in a couple scenes where she is either degraded by Strange early in the movie or freaking out for comedic effect later in the movie), the jokes mostly all fell flat (though it's not nearly the endless joke fest as other MCU movies), but the visuals are amazing and can be very trippy. Much better than the trailers had you believe. Also 80% of the movie is expository dialogue and when they finally get done with that the movie ends. And the character you expect to go heel turn because of his comic background does so in the sloppiest way (he just walks away at some point because of a disagreement and in the next scene he's murdering people, despite being depicted as a friendly and kind person for most of the movie).

I give it a 6.5/10.
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 03:43 PM

Napkin Bracelet

Benderhoof Kumquatdink's acting in the promotional footage, though.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 03:45 PM

#ILoveRogue

He's fine. The movie doesn't really ask much of him.

But as usual, the critics just ignore any and all flaws in the movie because SO FUNNY SO PRETTY KIDS LOVED IT.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 05:17 PM

Advanced Member

So they play it safe. Sounds dull.

I'm so tired of movies and television shows playing it safe, so as not to challenge the audience.
PMEmail
^
Satan
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 06:38 PM

frostitute

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Oct 30 2016, 03:45 PM)
He's fine. The movie doesn't really ask much of him.

But as usual, the critics just ignore any and all flaws in the movie because SO FUNNY SO PRETTY KIDS LOVED IT.

Get to the good stuff, my son: HOW WAS MADS?
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 06:48 PM

#ILoveRogue

A complete non-entity like every other MCU villain.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 06:51 PM

frostitute

You cemented my conviction not to watch this. But I might cave in and watch it in 4 months on some lonely and boring night.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll