Pages: (12) « First ... 10 11 12  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Uncanny Avengers (2015) v3, aka Rogue with Stockholm Syndrome
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 12:14 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

It's like this weird thing that writers are doing now, where they feel if they write the characters in accent that it's making them a caricature of a culture. Wood went off about that too. He refused to use the southern vernacular and have her say "shugah" and stuff.

On Wade and Rogue, I don't think I mind. Some people say it was telegraphed. I just reread this whole run recently (and recommend SDA does it) but I didn't see it coming. That being said it's a weird thing to set up right as you leave the book. You'd think he'd want to explore the relationship instead of just creating it and leaving.
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 12:48 PM

Edited my summary to actually provide commentary.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 06:06 AM

frostitute

This was my first issue of Duggan's UA and I'm glad it was my first.

Rogue making her verbal stand, choosing to run away from Weapon One and giving Charlie proper send off has to be one of the best X-writing in the last few years. So sweet and hard at the same time.

And to top it of, Duggan had her maintain her character and try to fix her mess by kissing Wade and absorbing his pain and injuries.... WOW. I'm in awe.
PMEmail
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Satan @ Apr 9 2017, 10:06 AM)
This was my first issue of Duggan's UA and I'm glad it was my first.

Rogue making her verbal stand, choosing to run away from Weapon One and giving Charlie proper send off has to be one of the best X-writing in the last few years. So sweet and hard at the same time.

And to top it of, Duggan had her maintain her character and try to fix her mess by kissing Wade and absorbing his pain and injuries.... WOW. I'm in awe.

Her standing up to, or defying Steve has been the MO of the book since Attack on Pleasant Hill ended and he became douchey.
PM
^
PatriX
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 02:36 PM

Another "x" in statistix

Oh Look!
I've found a monkey paw!
Let's make a wish!
"No more Uncanny Avengers".

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Satan
 Posted: May 10 2017, 03:27 PM

frostitute

I loved last issue. The life goes on kind of farewell.

It convinced me that Duggan has to write X-Men. The way he waves X-concepts into work leaves me dazzled with feelings.
PMEmail
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: May 11 2017, 11:26 AM

The Cable stuff was great. Loved Synapse hiding from Hound, running into Stryfe, and saying things like "mutants have it way worse". Cable saying she would've been a great student of Charles Xavier was also choice.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: May 12 2017, 04:55 AM

frostitute

I loved Voodoo in civvies. It made me miss X-Men in civvies sad.gif

Was that rl Duggan posing as a real estate agent?
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (12) « First ... 10 11 12 
Add Reply
New Poll