Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Sense8 Discussion [spoilers]
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 12:10 PM

Still Endangered

user posted image

Sense8 is about these beautiful people, who inexplicably develop a telepathic connection to one another. It's another slam dunk for Netflix as far as I'm concerned.

From IMDB:
A group of people around the world are suddenly linked mentally, and must find a way to survive being hunted by those who see them as a threat to the world's order.
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 12:15 PM

Still Endangered

I just finished this amazing show last night. I've been posting my reactions in Harry's. Copy/pasting them here for whenever more of you jump on the sense8 bandwagon:

1. I started Sense8 last night. The first episode was so boring, I hated it. Had to watch it twice because I fell asleep. Decided to give next episode a chance only because I know how pilots can be, and it was a bit better.

By the third episode I love it and have a favorite character and am shouting at the screen and everything.

2. Omg, I just finished episdoe 4 of Sense8 just now and I can't stand some of these characters and I can't stand how long it took someone to do the thing
SPOILERS:

Since ep 3, I'm like, "OMG! SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING! PLEASE HELP HER!" And nothing! Her wonderful, beautiful, resourceful, girlfriend helpfully set a fire in the hospital to buy them time. Great job! Does anyone take advantage of it? No. I felt the urgency of that lobotomy so strongly, it was exhausting. I was so scared for her, omg. Jonas picked the cop guy to reach out to, probably because he is closest, but DAMN if he wasn't useless up until the very last second. Like, how many magical occurances have to happen to you before you listen to the man in your head? How many!!!!

I have 0 patience for that thief guy. I'd hate to be mentally connect to him. Literally all he does is dick around. And that one girl who saw a quarduple murder and just strolled out? Useless. Like, some of these peope have lives and problems--and useful skills! And some are total, mopey wastes of space. I like the African guy, because he is brave. The way he went after those guys who stole from him and his passengers? Heroic! And that Korean woman helped. I love her because she is strong. Those two are my faves. No moping and being useless! The actor guy is mopey too, but I give him a pass because his boyfriend is hilarious. And he is also dealing with a crazy woman in his apartment, so there's that. No excuses for the others. Will the Cop could be helpful, if he pulled his head out of his ass.

I don't care about this sing-along! One of you is about to die!!! Why doesn't the Indian woman like that one dude? He isn't bad looking. Look at all the flowers he gave you! He put together a damn musical number. She's wishy washy, and it's annoying. But at least she doesn't force her irritating life on the others like some people.

3. That African guy is so brave. I would never do any of this shit.
I can't stand the thief guy's partner. He is ugly, and irritating and gross. I like the Indian woman's dad. It occurs to me that the onyl person whose name I've learned after 4 episodes is the American character's. (one of them anyway) I can't understand the rest of these people. I need subtitles. I am missing every other word.

4. More sense8 stuff I like all of the actor guy's scenes, they are hilarious. He is just so put-upon.

5. sense8 ep 6 They're pairing the characters up now. Gross

Edit: I caught another name! Lito. Actor guy's name is Lito!

6. sense8 ep 6: Nevermind what I just said. This is hot.

I want to be in a sense8.

7. Ep 7 I think?

I hated Wolfgang so much that I started to dislike the Indian woman for liking him. But I love the Indian woman -she is gorgeous- more than I dislike Wolfgang, so now I'm starting to like him because she does.

8. Sense8 Ep 8

Omg im watching sense8 ep 8 right now and It's always ON when Sun gets involved! Nomi escaped on a literal bicycle, omg! I love this show, it is intense! And the part where she was like, "I can't drive" And then Boom! African guy was there like "I can." I knew he'd be good for something other than team heart! Ant let me tell you about the emotional whiplash I've gone through with Lito's crazy beard. At first, I was like, "No, she is going to blackmail you!" Then I was like, "She's so clingy and creepy! Ugh!" and now I'm like, omg-she-actually-does-care-about-you-two-you-have-to-save-her-just-like-in-your-movies!!! Hernando too! He makes a great body guard!

This show is amazing
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 12:16 PM

Still Endangered

On the final episode:

Ok, I just finished sense8. Spoilers ahoy

SPOILERS:

I changed my opinion on every character. I like them all now, more or less. Wolfgang is alright. I even don't mind his boy, Felix after seeing how he stook up for his friend when they were kids. I respect that. I do think Wolfgang shot his uncle a few more times than strictly necessary, but he was raised by criminals, so whatever.

There is only One taker left in that group, and its damn Riley. She is the Only One Who Hasn't Helped Anyone. All she needed to do was drive a damn truck, and she was laying on the ground like an idiot. And for some mystical reason nobody else could reach them? Does the sense8 connection not work in fog and/or high altitudes? WTH! I mean, obviously she got her shit together and drove the truck, but I resent that she needed a pep talk to do it. Talking about, "I can't do this" nonsense. [female dog], everybody in this damn group has problems! Your problems are literally A MEMORY! GET OFF THE FLOOR! Why did she lay down there with her baby in the flashback to begin with???!!! During the her flashback, I was like, "[female dog], keep walking! All you're going to do if you lie on the ground is freeze to death faster! At least keep trying to live until you can't anymore! And why won't you just put the damn baby INSIDE YOUR COAT!"
Also, Will is stupid for looking at Whispers. Like, I would have gone in that place like I was fighting Medusa. At least look at the ground, or navigate with your peripheral vision or something! He was just walking around with his head up, with his looking ass self! Nobody takes precautions!

Lol at the whole
"Do I know you?"
"We had sex."
exchange. That was great. I wondered exactly how concious of that any of the ones involved were. Until then, I wasn't sure if the visuals just implied that they could feel what the others were feeling, or if they actually were in a giant telepathic orgy. Happy to learn its the latter.

Happy with the way Lito's story ended. I think it's hilarious that their crazy beard is just going to live with them in perpetuity. I knew from the moment she went back to that guy for them (which was sweet of her, because it showed she does actually care about them, other than just finding them hot) Lito would have to rescue her like in one of his movies. I jsut didn't expect her to continue living with them. But where would she go?
Everything Sun does is Boss. Like, whenever trouble starts I'm like, "CALL SUN!"
She is sooo coooool. They all lucky to have her in the cluster, like omg. Like everyone needs Sun's help, because she is just that badass. I'm glad she bloodied her brother's face before the guards took her away. And she got to work out that frustration by macheteing some guys to death immediately after! Good for her!

Speaking of, I love everything Capheus says and does. He is just a beam of sunshine. Always has great words of wisdom for everybody. Always upbeat! And he has a great heart, so brave! Love that guy!

I'm sad that violence has made its way into Kala's story. It was nice before, because her main dilemma was romantic. But those pesky murderdeathkills had to worm their way in. Oh well. I kinda wanna agree with Wolfgang that she probably shouldn't be with him. He's kinda...hardcore for her....I do think they're cute though.

Nomi needs to flee the bay area immediately. That place is not safe for her, and more importantly, it's not safe Amanita who I adore. There was a part where I thought she was going to be killed (that super intense scene where Nomi ended up escaping on a bicycle, and Capheus flipped that smart car because he saw it in a movie once), and my heart skipped a beat.

PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 12:59 PM

Still Endangered

Forgot to say, I also love Hernando! Great secondary characters all around!
PM
^
DrunkHusk
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 04:07 PM

Terrified of the Legacy Virus

Van Damme, Lito, Sun, Nomi, Amanita, Daniela, and Hernando made this show for me. Some of the cluster was developed more than the rest, but they ended up doing a good job, for the most part. Using Riley to help anchor the main plot, though, is nonsense. She was the worst.

SPOILERS:
I do love Riley's fairy background, which ends up being another sense8 that warns her. That was ridiculously cool and my favorite thing about her. All of this made her a crazy person and depressed and probably led to where she was, witnessing a bunch of murders before being almost murdered herself.

That scene between Nomi and Lito is touching. It drags on a bit, but it is worth it when Nomi advises him, later influencing his decision to not give a shit about the photos.

It's too bad Sun didn't get more to do. I love that she was such a badass and conformed to traditional sense of a woman being overlooked to save the company, but in turn sacrifices her own freedom and value in doing so. Without her, the company would be doomed and her father would be shamed anyway. Her brother should have gone to jail, especially after he murders his own father to keep Sun in prison. What a fucking shithead.

Van Damme is great, always looking at the sunny side of life, always hoping. I love that he inspires others, too. Without the rest of the cluster, though, he would have not succeeded in much of what he did. It lends a certain element oneness to the cluster, despite all of them having unique personalities and origins.
PMWebsite
^
Graconius
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 07:07 PM

Advanced Member

This show is amazing, I loved it since the second episode, its premise is about empathy, compassion, and understanding. Humanity. I like how Lycaon pictus started to grow fond of the characters as he knew more of their motivations, because I think that is the ultimate goal of the show, to create empathy with people of different backgrounds, cultures and identities.

Said that, you’re being incredible rude with Riley.

She has been surrounded by traumatic events all her life, and keeps on having them, she is emotionally fucked up.

SPOILERS:
The sharing is not a phone call, the others don’t come when you want, but when you need them, when they are sharing the same emotions or when they need guidance and experience, My theory is that the connection shut down with Riley because nobody else could have help her at that moment but herself, and cliché as it might be it works.

She is still practically useless.

Sun take the wheel is my motto in life, what a badass… her story is the less developed, but she brings out the fun.

Lito/Hernando y Daniela were the comic relief of the show, they were adorable but the sense of true danger was never there, I like their scenes though, specially the interactions between Hernando and Daniela.

Nomi and Amanita were another cute couple, but with more action and sentiment. Amanita is so clever and resourceful I adore her, Nomi is fearless and hands down to action.

Capheus is fun, but sometimes I feel his bravery edges with stupidity.

Wolfgang and Kala… One is a hardened by life cold-blooded murdered/criminal and the other is a very naïve, insecure individual. They are essential to the show and I care about them, but I find them the most complicated to understand and relate to.

A minor complain about the villains, that were little to none expounded, they were simply an ominous luring threat, and the doctor is practically a moustache twitching baddie.
PM
^
DrunkHusk
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 08:10 PM

Terrified of the Legacy Virus

I like your view of the show, Grac.

That's exactly how I felt about Riley once we got to that point of understanding. She wasn't really much of anything until then, and it created a character beyond repair, one so fundamentally fucked up since childhood. I love that you read it as her having to pull through herself when at the mountaintop. It makes me realize this show on a whole different level. Also, that meeting between Sun and Riley was beautiful.

The fact that they need each other is super important. The fact that we can't live without others, no matter their origins, and become interdependent on each other at times (as in van Damme's recklessness) is telling of humanity. They are all self-sufficient in some way and bring their talents to one super being. The conclave only recognizes their interdependence to become a superior being--empathic, sympathetic, and strong. All of them present a certain weakness, but the others bring out a strength. They don't just make others strong through their own actions but inspire the "host" to become stronger.
PMWebsite
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jun 18 2015, 04:37 AM

The Counterfeit Cant of Connecticut

How family friendly is the show? I wanna watch but its Ramadan gotta stay away from explicit images and stuff...

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Graconius
 Posted: Jun 18 2015, 08:27 AM

Advanced Member

@¯\_(ツ)_/¯; NOT family friendly at all, far from it. Avoid at Ramadan at all cost.

@DrunkHusk; YES, and their abilities are commons skills, but when used together they create a super being that is the epitome of human experience, is basically a pocket community that could be extrapolated to the way individuals affect our societies.

This show is beautiful really.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jun 18 2015, 08:53 AM

The Counterfeit Cant of Connecticut

Deuce. I'll watch it after sunset.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll