Pages: (11) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The World of Nintendo, Games, systems, characters, news, etc.
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 01:02 PM

I've also noticed a lot of people who are into X-Men are also pretty into Nintendo, and vice versa. Could just be a coincidence; could be the attraction to things that are different and outside the box, but still stimulating? No matter--either way, Nintendo makes great stuff, and we have varied interests, so let's talk about it with power. Super power.

user posted image

Here are some pretty good places to start!
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 01:08 PM

Still Endangered

I just wanna say that even though I will end up buying an XBONE or ps4, the only system with exclusives that I really care about, that I absolutely Gotta Have, is Nintendo.

I need my Pokemon
I need my Mario Kart
I need my Donkey Kong Country
I need my Animal Crossing
etc

The rest is all fun and good, but I have the strongest emotional attachment to Nintendo properties.

That and KH3, and the new Elder Scrolls is all I really need as far as console gaming is concerned.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 01:16 PM

That's the thing, Lycaon pictus. It's been frustrating that Nintendo consoles haven't had much third-party support in the last couple generations, but it becomes increasingly easy because their first-party work is consistently great, and they're always innovating.

I finally folded and got a WiiU a couple months ago with Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8, and packed Super Mario 3D World and NintendoLand. It's been great. Super Mario Kart 8 gets back into the proper form that made that franchise and essential, and a paradigm of the racing genre; Smash Bros. for WiiU is much better than Brawl. (Plus, they both have excellent DLC--I highly recommend getting the $12 pack for MK8, and I need to get the new fighters for Smash later today.)

I don't have tons of time for games these days, but Nintendo properties scratch all the itches. The polish and attention to detail is crazy, and the looks and sounds are magic.
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 01:30 PM

Still Endangered

Forgot to name check Smash Bros, thank you.
PM
^
Supernature
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 02:18 PM

Superior Homo

I can't believe my 24yo self still loves Pokemon almost as much as I did in elementary school. What kind of sorcery ?

I've played Zelda Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker and loved both (especially WW). Mario Kart is always good to play with friends. I can't really get into Smash Bros though.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Jun 19 2015, 08:21 AM

cum ninja

As a long time Ninthing E3 was pretty dissapointing. I don't want Metroid, Zelda and Animal Crossing spinoffs, I want the real deals. Even 3D/HD remasters would've been better I think.

Star Fox Zero, Yoshi's Wooly World, Xenoblade X and especially Mario Maker all looked great and I'm super hyped for each, but there's still this gigantic Zelda shaped hole in 2015 that Nintendo did nothing to fill. Seems pretty clear to me that Nintendo's already shifted internal resources from Wii U over to NX. On the other hand 3DS seemed to get more stuff than I was expecting, so that's a plus. Between Majora's Mask, MH4U, Xenoblade and Etrian MD I've already sunk an ungodly amount of hours into my n3DS this year (it's like a second job, lol) and that doesn't look like it'll be changing.
PM
^
PatriX
 Posted: Jun 28 2015, 07:04 AM

Another "x" in statistix

I was never a gamer, but with the internet, I got more versed in games.
Nintendo has its own charm, I admit.
There is something heartwarming about their games, idk.

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 09:09 AM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Ok, I need a recommendation...which one of these is a good place to start. I'm only looking into the Gameboy games. (I played one of the DS ones, but I couldn't get into it....)
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • A Link to the Past
  • Link's Awakening
  • Oracle of Ages
  • The Minish Cap

(I know the obvious choice is Ocarina of Time, but I don't have any console which can run it and I'm feeling retro...)

Maybe I should just start at the top...mmm.....maybe, but it might be too retro...

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 11:41 AM

Still Endangered

Pokémon
PM
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 12:36 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

I know, but I'm full up on the mons with the poke...I binged those games so badly. It was like fluffy cocaine.

Now I feel there's a Zelda size hole in my gaming knowledge. I was a PC nerd as a kid, so some of classic console stuff passed me by.

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (11) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll