Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The World of Nintendo, Games, systems, characters, news, etc.
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 01:56 PM

Still Endangered

If that's the case, buy a console and play Ocarina of Time right now!

But for gameboy...hmmmm.... I've never played any of the Zelda games on a portable system, so I don't know how it compares, sorry.

I have played a lot of Animal Crossing though! It's a Nintendo staple, but it's the lightest and fluffiest of the fluff. There's also Super Smashbros, and Mario Kart.
PM
^
Personamanx
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 02:06 PM

Swollen Member

I've never beaten a Legend of Zelda game before. I've played most of them and own Quite a few of the versions released on Game Boy Advance and the DS systems but I always reach a point in which I just cannot figure out what to do and take a break that lasts for years. Love the games, I'm just not particularly good at them I suppose.

Grew up and well versed in Pokemon.

Have only played a handful of Super Mario games. Had the All-Stars Compilation for the Super Nintendo when I was a lad and played the hell out of it, but outside of that have not really touched it.

Have been wanting to get a WiiU for Splatoon for a little while now but it's hard to justify buying a console for a single game. I suppose there are a few more titles I could go for however.
PM
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 02:14 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

QUOTE (Lycaon pictus @ Aug 1 2015, 09:56 PM)
If that's the case, buy a console and play Ocarina of Time right now!

But for gameboy...hmmmm.... I've never played any of the Zelda games on a portable system, so I don't know how it compares, sorry.

I have played a lot of Animal Crossing though! It's a Nintendo staple, but it's the lightest and fluffiest of the fluff. There's also Super Smashbros, and Mario Kart.

Got Animal Crossing - a classic of form and art....give me those coconuts and Tom Nook is the shadiest landlord on earth.

Also, have me some Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Really the only big hole right now is Zelda and some of the more obscure stuff.

We've got a Wii, but I refuse to get a WiiU till Nintendo convinces me that they're committed to it (which seems unlikely now that they're on to the next console).

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
Graconius
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 05:04 PM

Advanced Member

Nintendo Wii was actually more fun for me than Xbox 360, it had more diverse titles … With Microsoft you are in disadvantage if you don’t like FPS, yet the problem with Nintendo is they seems to be behind the technological curve, at least in graphics and licensing.

Their games are always developed, you never heard of glitches on their games. Super Mario, Kart, Galaxy, and World are great… I haven’t played X&Y, but Pokémon games will permanently have a place in my heart.

I only finished Twilight Princess.

PM
^
Personamanx
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 08:11 PM

Swollen Member

Honestly that's why I'll always like Nintendo even if I'm not actively playing any one of their systems. They do things differently. In a world where the Playstation and Xbox are becoming more and more similar it's nice to have a device that plays differently. Motion controls? Touchscreens? I dunno what's next but they offer different possibilities to the very similar control methods of Sony and Microsoft.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 09:41 PM

Splatoon is amazing, by the way. Believe the hype.

QUOTE (Beezzi @ Aug 1 2015, 12:09 PM)
Ok, I need a recommendation...which one of these is a good place to start. I'm only looking into the Gameboy games. (I played one of the DS ones, but I couldn't get into it....)

• The Legend of Zelda

• Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Oracle of Ages

• The Minish Cap

(I know the obvious choice is Ocarina of Time, but I don't have any console which can run it and I'm feeling retro...)

Maybe I should just start at the top...mmm.....maybe, but it might be too retro...

Given your criteria, I'd say play those games in that order.
PM
^
Personamanx
 Posted: Aug 2 2015, 01:07 PM

Swollen Member

Good to know, Most people say it's a very enjoyable game and it looks the part. Hopefully I'll be able to give it a try one of these days before I buy it.
PM
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Aug 2 2015, 01:50 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Aug 2 2015, 05:41 AM)
Splatoon is amazing, by the way. Believe the hype.

QUOTE (Beezzi @ Aug 1 2015, 12:09 PM)
Ok, I need a recommendation...which one of these is a good place to start. I'm only looking into the Gameboy games. (I played one of the DS ones, but I couldn't get into it....)

• The Legend of Zelda

• Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Oracle of Ages

• The Minish Cap

(I know the obvious choice is Ocarina of Time, but I don't have any console which can run it and I'm feeling retro...)

Maybe I should just start at the top...mmm.....maybe, but it might be too retro...

Given your criteria, I'd say play those games in that order.

Thanks - that should keep me busy for awhile. smile.gif

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 10:57 AM

I started a replay of the first Legend of Zelda on my WiiU recently. $5 well spent. The Adventure of Link waits in the wings.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 11:13 AM

cum ninja

I'm still too busy with Splatoon, Binding of Issac and MH4U to replay anything else.

I've beaten every Zelda (except those CDi nightmares) and I think my favorites are still Link's Awakening (2D) and Majora's Mask (3D). Twilight Princess is deceptively great too, it gets a bad rap in gamer circles but I think it's better than Ocarina of Time in pretty much every way.

A Link Between Worlds is really surprisingly good too. I'm excited for the new Wii U (and probably NX) Zelda. 2016's so far away though. ;___;
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll