Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The World of Nintendo, Games, systems, characters, news, etc.
Beezzi
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 11:37 AM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Yeah, I'll start my Zelda marathon soon.

I'm kinda stuck on The Binding of Issac as well (that game is dangerously addictive), which I'm horrible at, but that's most of the fun.

And I was going through my library and loaded up Mario Golf just for fun yesterday and played for hours. Those Camelot games are so good, such a great gaming company - so sad Nintendo had them making so few games for the Wii and the DS. sad.gif

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 11:40 AM

I sometimes need a palette cleanser after an evening of terrible/clueless Splatoon players sabotaging my ranking score, or a string of Smash matches with awful latency. That's where the virtual Console usually comes in, even if I'm playing some punishing games (like Adventure of Link or... Castelvania II: Simon's Quest).

However they mitigate the latency issues with Splatoon--they need to bring that to Smash. I rarely have latency issues with Splatoon, and play with people from Japan regularly. Smash is commonly a shitshow.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 12:08 PM

cum ninja

Save states also make NES Virtual Console games a whole lot easier to get through. I don't think I could beat Ninja Gaiden today without them.

I love the VC but I feel like Nintendo's been making a lot of mistakes with it this gen on Wii U (darkening filters, input lag, slower release schedule, where the hell did Sega/Square/TG16/NeoGeo go?). It also seems like they gave up entirely on 3DS VC already, and there's so many GB/NES classics still missing on it. sad.gif
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 12:12 PM

cum ninja

I forgot, I've been meaning to replay Earthbound after Iwata died. Should be fun way to end summer.

user posted image
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 12:57 PM

QUOTE (jarrod @ Aug 5 2015, 03:08 PM)
Save states also make NES Virtual Console games a whole lot easier to get through. I don't think I could beat Ninja Gaiden today without them.

I love the VC but I feel like Nintendo's been making a lot of mistakes with it this gen on Wii U (darkening filters, input lag, slower release schedule, where the hell did Sega/Square/TG16/NeoGeo go?). It also seems like they gave up entirely on 3DS VC already, and there's so many GB/NES classics still missing on it. sad.gif

I think there are some in the org who think that because the Wii VC is still up and available to WiiU users (because wii can go into Wii mode), there's no rush to update the library for WiiU. There might even be a rights/publishing issue--I'm not sure how those VC deals are structured.

But, I do agree--I want it now and streamlined.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 01:36 PM

cum ninja

From interviews with Dan Adelman (former NOA staff) we know that they see Virtual Console as mostly filler for the release calendar, with key releases being used for more promotional purposes. That's actually the reason the US gets the least VC releases versus Japan or Europe despite being it's largest market, because we get the most indie games and that fills up the schedule. Adelman also stated they have data showing the drip feed scheduling for VC leads to higher overall sales but I'm super skeptical of that given in the early Wii days Nintendo was boasting about tens of millions of sales for the service to investors and that was also when they were releasing 4-5 games a week.

I can tell you licensing is an issue too. Nintendo and BPS/Tetris Online recently let their licenses lapse (which resulted in things like Yoshi's Cookie and Tetris GB being pulled from the eShop) and Henk Rogers alone is the reason we never got Tetris Attack on VC.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 01:38 PM

Advanced Member

Nintendo and Proud.

Actually, I'm not really loyal to any console or developer, and the Wii was fucking awesome. Skyward Sword is like my favorite Legend of Zelda game and I've played Ocarina of Time over 20 times, I've played The Adventures of Link, I've played A Link to the Past, and I've played Wind Waker.

They are all great, but I liked the whole Skyward Sword story and world they set up. Yeah, there are control problems that really become frustrating and the game has entirely too many help screens that pop up way too frequently and every time you played regardless of if you've already collected an item before.
PMEmail
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 01:43 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (jarrod @ Aug 5 2015, 12:12 PM)
I forgot, I've been meaning to replay Earthbound after Iwata died. Should be fun way to end summer.

user posted image

tell me when you start. I'll upload my emulator and I'll play Earthbound, too.

That way we can talk about it and help each other out.
PMEmail
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 03:49 PM

Don't dishonor Iwata with theft. It's about $7.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Aug 6 2015, 10:50 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Aug 5 2015, 03:49 PM)
Don't dishonor Iwata with theft. It's about $7.

He's dead. There's nothing that can be done for him now.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll