Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

It's been a good ride: Mass Effect Appreciation, ...The Best.
Green Griffin
 Posted: May 25 2014, 03:20 PM

Advanced Member

I say keep it the way it's been, and keep any changes they want for DLC missions and such.
PMWebsite
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 25 2014, 03:45 PM

Swollen Member

Okay, so I'm not alone in favouring the closer association to the 3PS genre. The first game's mechanic may have had it's charm but largely the game improved when it departed from that in the sequels even if the gameplay was more generic.

I liked how the Citadel DLC really explored a more stealth based approach to gameplay, at least during the first parts of it. Not changing any of the actual game mechanic but applying it to different level design to encourage stealth.
PM
^
cc008
 Posted: May 25 2014, 03:49 PM

Advanced Member

My favorite video game series of all time. I don't think I'll ever put more hours into a game than I did with these. ME2 in particular.
PM
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 25 2014, 03:59 PM

Swollen Member

Only in various Pokemon games have I sunk more time and effort into a series.

Mass Effect 1 is definitely the longest if one wants to see EVERYTHING that the game has to offer. Dozens of playthroughs and I'm still not sure I've seen everything,
PM
^
cc008
 Posted: May 25 2014, 04:45 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Personamanx @ May 25 2014, 06:59 PM)
Only in various Pokemon games have I sunk more time and effort into a series.

Mass Effect 1 is definitely the longest if one wants to see EVERYTHING that the game has to offer. Dozens of playthroughs and I'm still not sure I've seen everything,

For sure. In terms of play-throughs, I have 19 different files from Mass Effect 2 and that branched out for even more in 3. I would almost prefer the next installment to start fresh. I don't know what would happen if I could import all of those files into a new game.
PM
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 25 2014, 04:59 PM

Swollen Member

What is known of the new game in the series is that it won't be starring Commander Shepard so I don't imagine bringing back old saves will be much of an issue.

Where and when the game takes place might have BioWare have to give an official "Canon" version of the serie's events however. And with it most likely coming out for the non-backwards compatible XboxONE and PS4 it may not even be able to bring back old save information.
PM
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 31 2014, 03:41 PM

Swollen Member

Started a new play through yesterday, First time going for a consistent renegade male Shepard. Meer sounds so crazy when he says most of the Renegade options.
PM
^
cc008
 Posted: May 31 2014, 03:48 PM

Advanced Member

I was never able to do a FULL renegade playthrough. I don't have that darkness in me.

Do you think we could hear anything out of E3 this year about what may be coming next?
PM
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 31 2014, 04:05 PM

Swollen Member

I dunno, I find that aside from a few things you can consistently do the right and sensible thing while still going completely renegade. I'm gonna have to do a few really dickish things over the course of the next few games but there's only 3 or 4 "evil" things I'm gonna have to do. All that have to do with screwing over Wrex and the Krogan.

I'm pretty sure we'll hear something. We already know they're working on the next installment they just have to throw some info tidbits our way.
PM
^
cc008
 Posted: May 31 2014, 06:00 PM

Advanced Member

I've done renegade play throughs before, but I've never gone full renegade. I don't think I've ever killed Wrex. The only files I have where he isn't alive are the ones where I start fresh in ME2 and don't import from ME1. I think the default settings for 2 are that he's dead.

I'd be cool with just a little teaser. Kind of like Halo 5's(?) from last year. I know there's a real name for the new Halo.. it just escapes me at the moment.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll