Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

One Piece From the Beginning, No spoilers
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Nov 9 2015, 05:57 PM

Still Endangered

Hopefully I have time to pick this up again since the year is winding down. I am on chapter 91.

I used to watch the anime when it was on tv waaay back in the day. Reading it through again(not really again, cuz this is my first time reading the manga), I realize how ridiculous it is. Like, as a kid I thought the character designs and world were fantastical, and silly, and all that. But reading it now as an adult I can not get over how ridiculous it is for a man to fight with three swords by having one in each hand, and another in his mouth. I'm distracted by it. I smh at every panel that has him doing it. I keep thinking, "Why did I ever think this was cool? This is the dumbest thing ever."

So, oooother than that, it's a fun ride! Just how I remember. It makes me want to set sail on a magical adventure with a collection of wacky friends.

Shanks is the older brother I never knew I wanted
(I speak here only out of sentimentality. I'm an only child, and damn happy)

Luffy is both a childish, free-spirit, and sober and stalwart in his convictions.

Zoro is cool. Nami is flawless. Usopp is much less annoying than I remember. I don't remember blind chef guy's name at the moment, but if he doesn't stop smoking he will become anosmic, and useless as a cook.

I'm glad Kaiolino weedled everyone into reading One Piece. This is a fun story.

Edit: Just realized I said blind when I meant blonde
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Nov 10 2015, 06:00 AM

#ReplaceRogue

Not only is Zoro able to fight with three swords, it is also Word of God canon that the reason he is still able to speak with a sword in his mouth is because he is speaking with his heart.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 10 2015, 08:15 AM

X-Men Discourse

its not that hard to talk with your mouth full.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Nov 10 2015, 08:21 AM

#ReplaceRogue

thats what she said
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 07:59 PM

Still Endangered

Poor Laboon. He deserved better than to be left behind. And he deserves better than to be a living house. Speaking of that,
You mean to tell me this man built a whole damn island retreat inside a whale? You mean to tell me he painted a pretty blue sky on its insides? THERE'S A HATCH THAT LEADS OUTSIDE? SCAFFOLDING? LADDERS? AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A LIVING WHALE?!

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Nov 10 2015, 10:00 AM)
Not only is Zoro able to fight with three swords, it is also Word of God canon that the reason he is still able to speak with a sword in his mouth is because he is speaking with his heart.

SMH

I like how the business at Nami's hometown wrapped up. Luffy is a good friend. Or rather, he is very good at intuiting what people want/need, like him deciding to just destroy that whole room and those maps. That was really sweet.

I like this Captain Smoker.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 10:59 AM

X-Men Discourse

omg I made a long ass post and my fuckin phone crashed uhgr

--------------------
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 11:04 AM

#ReplaceRogue

dammit stop using your phone for everything.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 11:07 AM

X-Men Discourse

oh my god look at me the millionaire with a computer and a tablet too.

--------------------
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 11:08 AM

X-Men Discourse

do u want me to give u a macbook? ANYONE HERE WANTS A FRIGGIN MAC FRIGGIN BOOK?!

--------------------
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 11:12 AM

#ReplaceRogue

But I need the tablet and laptop for school! I have a cheap $50 phone to compensate for the excessive luxury though.

Macbooks are for bourgeois scum.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll