Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series [El Rey]
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 02:04 PM

The Counterfeit Cant of Connecticut

she came off very much as a dark version of princess peach stuck in her castle to me but watching s2 I think its safe to say the movie is 100% responsible for that.
we've seen seth protest the killing of civilians in s1, protect kate and he save the girls in the truck in s2. he has some moral values. richard was all whack in s1 so it was hard to judge the nature of his character but yeah he's very selfish and hung up on that inferiority complex thingie. but I thought he was the one taking care of seth in their childhood? and like, the favored son?

did I miss the part where its explained how and why she picked richie? or is it just the brothers prophecy thing?

theres no gud guy. kate killed a man to help scott and buffy is a cop. in texas.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Tednacious @ Nov 19 2015, 10:45 PM)
I'm so glad there's another person for which I can talk about this show.

*weeps silently*

awww. Omg she let her hair loose. shit is going to hit the fans.

OMG PALOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 02:15 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The movie is responsible for that, lol. The show tried to at least give a decent reason as to why she couldn't leave the titty twister.

Seth was in prison so the ceremonial Aztec knife was given to Richie and that's when he began to slowly lose his mind due to the knife's influence. I'm not sure if it was prophesied that Richie would be the brother to set Santanico free or if it was just the luck of the draw like Neville/Harry Potter prophecy.

Seth's not a mass-killer, which Richie was kinda turned into during season 1, he's a con-man. That's most likely why he's mostly opposed to senseless killing. It creates unnecessary problems with the con. And, I think his protective side is a result of having to look at for Richie for so long. He has become naturally protective of innocent people. . . sometimes.

I would still qualify Kate & Freddie as "good" albeit a bit dubious on their morality & ethics now due to the Culebra's coming into their lives and messing everything up.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 02:20 PM

I guess at least the kate thing can be attributed to her plot armor. I cant believe they havent done more with her and santanico.

--------------------
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 02:27 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The brother's have always been the main focus of the series, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much thought and effort they put into the other characters too. Especially Santanico, she has quickly become one of my favorites on the show.

I'm not 100% sure on what they're doing with Kate. It was kinda hinted during the dungeon adventures in S1 that her ability to "see the good in anyone" was actually "special" and that was somehow going to come into play later on. It might be brought up in season 3. Or they might just skip that and go in a new direction with her.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 02:57 PM

Im just waiting and praying for this show to pass the bechdel test. they had perfectly fine characters in sonja and paloma and they ruined them. kate always needs seth or richie or buffy to get shit done. and kisa is stuck to richard.

i got high hopes for this new [lady of the night].

--------------------
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 03:02 PM

I feel like Kisa is as important as the brothers in s2.

objective ranking:
1. kisa
2. seth
3. kate
4. scott

I may love kate and scott more than seth but they're so inconsistent. scott has mostly sucked this season, due to lack of focus on him.

--------------------
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 03:05 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think the show is doing fairly okay with the female characters they have so far. I mean, some of them do fall into tired tropes, but even then they're not 1 dimensional. Paloma, Sonja, Kate, Santanico, and Mrs Ranger Buffy are all proof of that. Paloma & Sonja were just plot fodder with no real intentions of staying on the show, but they both made their mark on their season 2 storylines. They're fully realized characters not just props to keep things moving.

So I think, the show has done a decent job of making all of their characters (including the women) flawed but still interesting and layered and important to whatever storyline they inhabit.

Of course, it can always do better with it's representation, but considering the franchise/creator/channel/everything else involved - FDTD has been doing a better job with writing their female characters than most shows on the air right now.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 03:06 PM

omg dying kate still cussing richie out! such a queen.
omg this is her best scene.

--------------------
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Tednacious @ Nov 20 2015, 12:05 AM)
I think the show is doing fairly okay with the female characters they have so far. I mean, some of them do fall into tired tropes, but even then they're not 1 dimensional. Paloma, Sonja, Kate, Santanico,  and Mrs Ranger Buffy are all proof of that.  So far the show has done a decent job of making all of their characters (including the women) flawed but still interesting and layered.

Of course, it can always do better with it's representation, but considering the franchise/creator/channel/everything else involved - FDTD has been doing a better job with writing their female characters than most shows on the air right now.

Im too disgusted with what they did to Sonja and especially Paloma rn to agree. that was some bs.

sorry for the spoil.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5 
Add Reply
New Poll