Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Westworld, {HBO 2016}
Satan
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 02:06 PM

frostitute

user posted image

Welcome to Westworld! Amusement park where you can fulfill any fantasy you had about the Wild Wild West: hookers, treasure hunts, killing savage Native Americans, raping good girls after killing their one true love etc. Robots are here to cater to your every whim. But have robots become too real? Are they waking up to sentience?

Westworld is a television remake of the same movie penned by sci fi aficionado Michael Crichton. Birthed by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, nurtured by 10 million bucks, HBO wants it to be a show that can stand aside Game of Thrones and not cover in fear. It's shaping up to be a show about artificial intelligence with all the deep philosophy, classical covers of rock songs and scathing critique of violent human nature.

Do you watch it? Let's share our thoughts and feelings about it over here, buckaroonies.
PMEmail
^
Satan
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 03:35 PM

frostitute

After watching ep3, I must say Dolores' journey to consciousness left me fascinated. Hunt for the stray gave off good horror vibes.

I'm always glad for Maeve scenes, and tiny one set fire for her own journey to the big c.
PMEmail
^
Satan
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 10:21 AM

frostitute

Nobody is watching this? You people make me sick.
PMEmail
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 06:40 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

OMG EPISODE 9. Internet theories confirmed left and right.
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 08:56 AM

SATAN IS YOUR FACE MELTING!?
PM
^
slacker
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 02:45 PM

Advanced Member

Good finale. But it leaves me questioning if arnold (and Ford's) vision truly took off, with Ford pulling all the strings. I'd probably say only for Dolores. Which can still be considered a big victory, but still.
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 03:08 PM

SPOILERS:
Also for Maeve. Her storyline took her to the mainland to hide. She broke her story by going back to the park. Both Dolores and Maeve were moved by an emotion, and both by the one we'd least expect. Dolores made the decision of out anger/frustration/sadness to kill Ford. Maeve made the decision to go back out of love for her daughter. The whole time we thought that Maeve was going to be the revolutionary mob leader while Dolores would be the peaceful ally. It worked out just the opposite.
PM
^
slacker
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 03:25 PM

Advanced Member

I didn't think of Maeve's that way, granted I just watched it an hour ago but that makes good sense. I like.

Idk how season 2 will top all the mystery.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Dec 6 2016, 03:39 AM

frostitute

In the end I wanted to yell KILL MY PRETTIES; KILL KILL KILL!!!!!

Absolutely good observation, AF. I didn't even think of it that way. It was a surprise when Bernard told Maeve that her code has been tampered with and she wouldn't acknowledged it one bit. But when mother and the girl sat across her I knew she will ponder her decision and make a choice not to follow her programming.

It was bittersweet when Hector wouldn't enter the elevator.

And isn't it also sweet how Dolores fulfilled her creator's killer role once again? Or should I say God killer role?

William is a pathetic useless sack of meat and Ford put him in his place.

I wonder if Charlotte is alive. It would be swell if in s2 she turns on her survival instinct trapped inside a park and becomes a brutal survivor.

It's funny to me how Jonathan Nolan, like his brother, sometimes telegraphs his messages right before he delivers them. All in all, great finale.
PMEmail
^
slacker
 Posted: Dec 6 2016, 11:52 AM

Advanced Member

Yeah I was wondering about Charlotte as well, also the security guy who got flanked by the velociraptors, er, indigenous people.

As for hosts, assuming season 2 will continue to develop their stories, I am looking forward to some interaction between Maeve and Dolores, as well as what will become of Armistice (will she invade Samurai World? haha).

Also Felix.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll