Pages: (122) « First ... 120 121 122  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Extraordinary X-Men (2015), Ongoing series discussion thread

How do you feel about this Extraordinary X-Men announcement?
I'm totally pumped! [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
I'm cautiously optimistic, but seems like Marvel is there for us after all! [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
I'm cautiously optimistic, partly because I'm an X-Men fan, and I need to take my wins where I can with the way Marvel treats the property now. [ 11 ]  [45.83%]
Ew! Keep it away! [ 9 ]  [37.50%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
AgentFeliX
 Posted on Mar 22 2017, 11:27 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

This was forgettable.
*Most of the X-Men are finishing ferrying the civvies to Earth from Limbo.
*Martha thinks she hears a signal from Cerebra in South Dakota.
*OML and Jeen decide to go with the rest of the X-Teens from this book.
*Forge wants to come too, he's tired of standing around being a supporting character.
*They get there and leave Forge at the plane because LULZ.
*Wild Sentinels!!!
*They defeat the sentinels and find Cerebra inside in a shell of an unfinished sentinel.
*She explains that before dying she sent her AI into cyberspace and it just so happened to land there, where she says Emma had defense contractors (not Forge?) build the Inhuman hunting sentinels.
*Martha donates her sweet new safe body for Cerebra to use.
*There's more talk of the danger of Emma and her "cronies" throughout.
*I guess that means manbun and the Cuckoos.
*Was kinda hoping the Cuckoos wouldn't just mindlessly follow her in this quest.
*Oh well fuck Marvel
*Sorry I did my best Kai, but I'm lazy.
*Oh I forgot, they played baseball at the end, with like nowhere near enough people.
*RIP JGS 2011-2017.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted on Mar 22 2017, 11:44 AM

#ReplaceRogue

This book alreasy referred to the school as Xavier's at times (this cover art notwithstanding), so the JGS already died two years ago.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted on Mar 22 2017, 04:55 PM

Jerk Chicken

I will always wonder what Lemire would have written absent the shittiest editorial mandate of all time.

Oh well.

On to Resurkshun!

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted on Mar 22 2017, 05:03 PM

#ReplaceRogue

Considering Apocalypse Wars and the Sapna arc were also bad, I doubt a lack of mandate would've vastly improved things.
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted on Mar 22 2017, 05:47 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

I just fall back on his JLU was boring shite to follow up Geoff John's JLA. I was worried because of that. And this was no different. It was just so bland.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted on Mar 31 2017, 09:44 PM

Jerk Chicken

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Feb 23 2016, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (jarrod @ Feb 24 2016, 03:31 AM)
I'm excited for the inevitable relaunch and next creative team.

Lemire already has a movie deal, so he doesn't have to write this book to get name recognition much longer.

Boom!

RightKaio!

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (122) « First ... 120 121 122 
Add Reply
New Poll