Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Wicked + The Divine
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: May 24 2014, 09:56 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gods as pop stars, pop stars as gods.

That is just one of the ideas that's explored in The Wicked + The Divine, a buzz-heavy new comic from Image shaping up to be one of the big books of the summer.

It hails from writer Kieron Gillen and artist Jamie McKelvie, a British comics team who are fan favorites for their critically acclaimed Young Avengers Marvel comic.

This time, Gillen and McKelvie go deeper into pop culture exploration with the concept of 12 gods who, every 90 years, incarnate pop figures -- artists, singers, innovators -- of their day. In the 21st century, they happen to be pop stars of the David Bowie, Lady Gaga and Adele variety. Then, after two years, they die.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-visi...ook-team-706709

user posted image user posted image

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Gene
 Posted: May 24 2014, 10:13 PM

Belcher and/or the Cow

Not impressed with that preview.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: May 24 2014, 10:16 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The dialogue reminds me of Archer. I don't even know why.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 28 2014, 05:14 PM

Swollen Member

Not terribly interested. I'd rather more Phonogram but I respect Gillen and McKelvie for going for something new.
PM
^
Time Like Lightning
 Posted: May 30 2014, 01:12 PM

Of Omelettes and Earrings

http://jamiemckelvie.com/twtd2.html

Posters if you want 'em! If they're doing these for each cover I think I'll wait and see what's next. I missed the first two and these ones I'm not AS in love with, so it'll depend on who's on the covers of 4 and 5.
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: May 30 2014, 04:09 PM

Still Endangered

I don't get it, but I really want to.

Can some kind soul explain it better?
PM
^
Time Like Lightning
 Posted: May 30 2014, 08:12 PM

Of Omelettes and Earrings

The premise? Basically every ninety years, various gods and goddesses from various pantheons are given human form. But they only get a limited amount of time to live (we've not yet been told why/how they die and how much time they have from learning of their divinity). Most of them use that time to become celebrities and garner a cult following. This series, I believe, is covering a modern incarnation.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Jun 26 2014, 09:02 PM

Advanced Member

I am legitimately interested in this comic after reading this preview. I have always had an affinity for a cast of cooky individuals chewing the scenery. Probably why I like Quentin Tarantino films, Grant Morrison comics, Brian K. Vaughan comics, and, of course, Warren Ellis comics.

OMG, why did no one tell me to correct that misspelling. I feel like such a tool.
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 03:46 PM

Jerk Chicken

Not sure how I feel nor how I'm supposed to feel about this comic yet.

Interesting enough concept. Will read #2 for sure.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
PatriX
 Posted: Aug 8 2014, 05:59 AM

Another "x" in statistix

I don't know how, but at some point the art of mckelvie really started to annoy me.
his characters look like spoiled, blase, bored teens.
I mean, I feel like punching them in the face, each one of them.

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll