Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Remy LeBeau a.k.a. Gambit Discussion, Le Diable Blanc! Ma chere! Ma chere!
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: May 3 2014, 04:37 PM

Still Endangered

This is the place to appreciate the Ragin' Cajun in all his glory.

I figured it was my responsibility to make a new outpost on the new forum.
PM
^
sweetzaynsass
 Posted: May 3 2014, 05:02 PM

Advanced Member

grade : F

where is slant ?
PMEmail
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: May 3 2014, 05:06 PM

Still Endangered

AgentFelix likes Gambit too.

I'm doing the best I can sda!

Look, I'll even start posting beefacke pics. That's standard fare for any Gambit thread.

user posted image
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: May 3 2014, 05:08 PM

Still Endangered

Dat ass

user posted image
PM
^
vitamin
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 01:38 PM

It's beautiful.

In the interview about her up and coming X-Women gig, writer G Willow Wilson shared with us her view of Gambit's participation in Burning Man Festival:

I understand that Gambit will appear as well. What can you tell us about his role in the story?

He has a cameo at the beginning. This arc starts off at a Burning Man-style festival in the Black Rock Desert. I actually took to Twitter when I was planning out this story and asked people, "Who, out of all the X-Men, present or past, do you think is most likely to show up at Burning Man?"

The overwhelming consensus was Gambit. [Laughs] He'd be sort of the skeezy guy who goes around offering dubious massages, and stuff like that, so he does have a cameo at the beginning. It's a lot of fun. I hope people are as excited about this as I am.

Some people (Gambit fans) are not too happy about skeezy description.

Some of their comments:

I'm more disappointed that it was a woman who said that. Really, how much damage she's caused him is unreal. I don't even know what to say.

that it's a female writer does make this way worse in a way. For one thing, Gambit supposedly has a major female fan following, so way to go alienating them right off the bat, and anyone else who doesn't want to see him cast down to loser douchebag made by a writer who obviously didn't really know much about the character and just threw them in for lulz.

.... Ugh

This one is for the lulz:

There are some female writers and such that put more sex into their work than most male writers

But among the myriad of reactions, I came upon these

X-men stories dont seem interesting without gambit. ...He is the most misunderstood characters.

I always try to find the positive. Perhaps it was meant that Gambit is hedonistic.

Does Gambit's history tell us that he's skeezy, hanging around Wolverine's teenage clone and watching her sleep, kissing Storm when he was in a non-open relationship with Roguey or is he just misunderstood and hedonistic in his altruistic flirtations?

--------------------
I know, boo. I know ~ ted(d(y))
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 01:41 PM

Napkin Bracelet

Yes, he's skeezy, but is he more or less skeezy than those people you quoted? (Not Wilson. I mean the Gambit fans.)
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 01:42 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

Lol yes.That's what makes him Gambit.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
jarrod
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 02:13 PM

cum ninja

Skeezer than Rapeshot.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 03:09 PM

#ILoveRogue

I'm surprised nobody has brought up yet that Wilson is just a prude muslim.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 03:16 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Gambit fans will hint at it heavily but never officially say it.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll