Pages: (22) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Flash (2014 TV Series), Run, Barry! RUN!!!
Kaiolino
 Posted: May 15 2014, 09:11 AM

#ILoveRogue

From the creators of Arrow comes The Flash, starring Grant Gustin as the titular hero, who is caught in a freak accident, which gives him the ability to move at superhuman speeds.

The Flash is developed by writer/producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, to air on The CW. It is intended to be a spin-off to Arrow, existing in the same universe. The series was officially picked up on May 8, 2014.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: May 15 2014, 01:47 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The CW's "Arrow" spinoff "The Flash," starring Grant Gustin as the DC Comics superhero, will air Tuesdays at 8 p.m., the spot previously occupied by "The Vampire Diaries" spinoff "The Originals" (which moves to Mondays at 8 p.m.). "Supernatural," which enters its 10th season, will remain at 9 p.m., placing it up against the returning "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," which ABC has moved from its earlier slot.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52819

This is actually a really good idea. The Flash will be a lead in to Supernatural, so it'll probably get an extra boost in viewership.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Aguja
 Posted: May 17 2014, 10:44 AM

Advanced Member

I am woefully behind on Arrow. I haven't even seen the episode where Barry guest stars. But I am really looking forward to this. Arrow started out kind of blah but really found its footing and I think they learned from that with Flash. The trailer looks great. It seems to be a marriage between Arrow & Smallville.
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 02:47 PM

Napkin Bracelet

This premieres tonight, with three minutes that weren't in the leaked version of the pilot.

GET HYPED.
PM
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 03:01 PM

Advanced Member

I'm surprised Hulu Plus hasn't added those two episodes of Arrow onto the Flash's page. It just makes sense.

--------------------
shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 06:49 AM

Advanced Member

Saw the first episode this morning, has some promise. That 'surprised appearance' felt out of nowhere. The ending was pretty surprising. I'm all for John Wesley Shipp acting again. Still feel bad that he was given such a small role on Teen Wolf, like they didn't know who he was or something.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 07:09 AM

Napkin Bracelet

I liked it a lot. Between Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, Gotham and itself, I think it was the best pilot of the current comic book show crop so far. (And I'd love to be surprised, but I doubt either Constantine or Agent Carter is going to do better.)

My only gripes were that Cisco was even more irritating here than he was on Arrow, where I found him pretty fucking irritating to begin with, and the choice to have Iris as someone Barry grew up with. Combined with her father being reimagined as a detective, it feels a little bit like a retreat of Arrow. Except the Lances (and the Merlyns) being part of Oliver's upbringing played into the plot in a big way, but aside from the references to being family, the Barry/Iris dynamic could have easily played the same way if she was just some junior reporter he met as an adult.

Also, I feel like the show missed an opportunity for a little tension by letting Detective West learn Barry is The Flash so quickly.

The Barry/Oliver exchange was cheesy as fuck, and I loved it. But then I always enjoy it when Oliver is being a dork. Stephen Amell plays it well.

I can already tell from the scene of Barry with his father in the prison that this show is going to destroy my emotions like Arrow does.
PM
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 07:33 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Fringe Division @ Oct 8 2014, 08:09 AM)
I liked it a lot. Between Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, Gotham and itself, I think it was the best pilot of the current comic book show crop so far. (And I'd love to be surprised, but I doubt either Constantine or Agent Carter is going to do better.)

My only gripes were that Cisco was even more irritating here than he was on Arrow, where I found him pretty fucking irritating to begin with, and the choice to have Iris as someone Barry grew up with. Combined with her father being reimagined as a detective, it feels a little bit like a retreat of Arrow. Except the Lances (and the Merlyns) being part of Oliver's upbringing played into the plot in a big way, but aside from the references to being family, the Barry/Iris dynamic could have easily played the same way if she was just some junior reporter he met as an adult.

Also, I feel like the show missed an opportunity for a little tension by letting Detective West learn Barry is The Flash so quickly.

The Barry/Oliver exchange was cheesy as fuck, and I loved it. But then I always enjoy it when Oliver is being a dork. Stephen Amell plays it well.

I can already tell from the scene of Barry with his father in the prison that this show is going to destroy my emotions like Arrow does.

I do enjoy the father son relationship, that could be pretty great.

So Tom is probably Professor Zoom, right? I had thought that was a possibility until after the explosion. Then I came around again. That final scene changes everything!

I hadn't thought about how its another cop angle just like Arrow, nice observation! I thought the secret identity thing was pretty quickly undone. But I had also thought with his mask, it wasn't going to last that long.

I do like Mr. West, at least the actor since Ally McBeal days and then L&O

--------------------

PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:20 AM

#ILoveRogue

Caitlin Snow is pretty, pretty, pretty attractive.
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:24 AM

Still Endangered

I liked the part when he ran really fast.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (22) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll