Pages: (14) « First ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

DC Universe: Rebirth Discussion, Of course I remember you.
Supernature
 Posted: Dec 8 2016, 05:16 AM

Superior Homo

Anybody else reading Shade the Changing Girl? I like it.

Really excited for the upcoming Super-Sons, Justice League of America, and Batwoman.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Dec 8 2016, 03:58 PM

frostitute

I don't read the Changing Girl out of respect for Milligan's Shade. #pretentiousass

I'm not excited for anything. sad.gif

PMEmail
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 12:53 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Anyone reading Detective? Finally catching up on it. I REALLY like the idea of grouping most of the bat sidekicks and spinoffs into one book. It's great to see them interact together and helps balance out the whole "he's supposedly a loner but has this huge extended batfamily" thing. It's very Wolverine to the X-Men. Part of me wishes it had some heavier hitters in Nightwing and Batgirl involved as well. But it's pretty fun as is. Just finished the first issue following the monster crossover.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 06:19 AM

frostitute

I only read Victim Syndcate and liked it. Was sad that Alvaro Martinez didn't do the whole arc, 'cause he draws pretty.

It's weird but ASB Ends of the Earth really agrees with me. But this last issue I don't know what I read or what is Snyder trying to say. Kinda excited to see who's the mastermind in question. But not too much.

Nightwing #17: LOVE JAVIER FERNANDEZ's NIGHTWING. It doesn't hurt that Seeley riffs off Morrison's Batman and Robin.
PMEmail
^
Satan
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 05:55 AM

frostitute

Nightwing #18: BIG DADDY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I detest saying this sentence (bc I hate it with the power of thousand suns when someone else says it for any artist and character) BUT Javier Fernandez was born to draw Nightwing.

Yes, he was a bit lazy this issue with the faces and backgrounds. Movements and body language he puts on the pages save all of that.

My heart wept for Dinesh. sad.gif
PMEmail
^
PatriX
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 02:35 PM

Another "x" in statistix

I used to read 0 DC titles
Now I care about:
Hanna Barbera stuff
Young Animals: DOOM PATROL, SHADE THE CHANGING GIRL, MOTHER PANIC
Wildstorm
Kamandi Challenge
Super Sons (I knew about Damien, but I never really read his arc)
JLA with LOBO (my favorite character, I identify with him, only I am less subtle)
Deathstroke (PRIEST)
New Superman

I also liked Deadman mini.

So yeah, I consider rebirth a success so far, because I started caring more about their comics than Usagi Yojimbo, which is a feat. But then again, I only wait for Trades with Usagi. And I don't read Hellboy anymore, because it got really boring.

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Satan
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 07:44 AM

frostitute

All Star Batman #9: What a perfect ending!

I judged the preview with my righteous anger about how Afua was dropped out of penciling duties and replaced with Jock, but after reading this Jock was the right choice for the finale. He did the beginning and he must've done the end with the story Snyder wrote. Yesterday I found out Afua couldn't do the issue bc she broke her arm sad.gif

This issue delicately ties a nice bow over the whole arc while riffing of a whole meta theme of Batman as a concept and a story. Batman, the magician, the demon, the illusionist that always wins in the end. BatGod the Impossible.

After rereading the whole story I love and forgive whole Snyder explanabrags and infodump bc it reminds me why I fell in love with BTAS and comics in the first place: the education of science of it all.

The last page was flawless, when you take into consideration the first pages of three previous issues, Ra's vision of the end and today's selfie/smartphone culture. Perfect 10.

Nightwing #19: I'm not eager reading about Dick's girlfriend being pregnant, but I'm willing to plow it through for Seeley and Javier's bamf art. Nothing special about the issue.
PMEmail
^
Satan
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 12:21 PM

frostitute

Batman #25: Like a battered wife, I came back to my drunk husband, aka Tom King.

Nice start of this blockbuster, but it's funny that this is all post-coital story about how Brucie did something very bad.

I detest Janin, but what I'mgonnadoboutit? Nuthin'.

Buff, nimble and quick pimp Eddie misses the whole point of the character, but whatevs. The way he escaped past the guards is the quintessence of him. Nice conundrum he verbally demonstrated to Jokester, and it's really pretty plot start.

It's very bumming me out that the more blood and gore, the more awesome *NOT!* Batman story is nowadays. King's sometimes deliberate use of simple words to heighten the drama leaves me absolutely cold.

I hope his Mr Miracle might be my shining beacon of love for the 4th World.
PMEmail
^
Satan
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 01:33 PM

frostitute

Wonder Woman #24: Heartbreaking.
PMEmail
^
Satan
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 02:03 PM

frostitute

All Star Batman #11: This issue pumped up my inner action junkie. There just isn't room for the story to breathe and it's BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!

Hush is an added heart palpitation! <3
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (14) « First ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll