Add Reply
New Poll

Wonder Woman named honorary ambassador
Diana Prince
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 04:39 PM

Advanced Member

Discuss queen mother's title. Without Wonder Woman we may not have had Claremazons. Discuss

http://www.avclub.com/article/un-names-won...bassador-244077
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 06:49 PM

Advanced Member

But, she's not real...

I love Wonder Woman more than Superman and Batman, but she's not a real person.

I'd rather the appointed position had gone to a real person who had put in years of hard, dedicated work to make a positive impact in the real world.

http://i.imgur.com/H45WCPv.gif

However; I'm glad if it's anyone, it's Wonder Woman.
PMEmail
^
Diana Prince
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 07:21 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Fod_2K16 @ Oct 12 2016, 09:49 PM)
But, she's not real...

I love Wonder Woman more than Superman and Batman, but she's not a real person.

I'd rather the appointed position had gone to a real person who had put in years of hard, dedicated work to make a positive impact in the real world.

http://i.imgur.com/H45WCPv.gif

However; I'm glad if it's anyone, it's Wonder Woman.

Hence the honorary. She doesn't have to be real to inspire ideas. She emboldens others to seek out answers through peace and love.
PM
^
Diana Prince
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 09:48 PM

Advanced Member

Also, she's not a regular ambassador that we normally think of when we say ambassador. She's the women/girls female empowerment ambassador to help fan the flames of female empowerment throughout the world.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 10:00 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think it mmakes perfect sense. I just wonder why it wasn't done sooner.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Diana Prince
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 10:20 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ted @ Tedd, and Teddy,Oct 13 2016, 01:00 AM)
I think it mmakes perfect sense. I just wonder why it wasn't done sooner.

Never either, but I think it has to do with her 75th anniversary this month.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 10:32 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Diana Prince @ Oct 12 2016, 09:48 PM)
Also, she's not a regular ambassador that we normally think of when we say ambassador. She's the women/girls female empowerment ambassador to help fan the flames of female empowerment throughout the world.

I understand and agree.

I guess she's a much better role model and inspiration than Cat Woman. Selina Kyle has always been a personal favorite of mine, and a character I respected growing up.

I loved the episodes of Batman TAS with Cat Woman. Even as a small child I wished those blasted cops would give Cat Woman and Batman five more minutes so she could steal a kiss.

I was and always will be a sucker for romance.

It's why I watched X-Men TAS religiously as a kid; the various romances.

Back on topic: She has the best accessories: Lasso of Truth, Gauntlets that deflect projectiles, and an invisible jet.

PMEmail
^
Diana Prince
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 10:59 PM

Advanced Member

I literally posted a novel on facebook on why she's so amazing. And when I dug into her history, 8"it's amazing what you'll find. Like the invisible jet. Marston gave her the invisible jet as an allegory to describe the woman's role in post war America, especially in the job market. While the men were away, the women, (including my grandmother, who was a real life Rosie the riveter for GM) were somehow supposed to just return to their invisible status, and give all their hard work up so the men had something to return to.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll