Pages: (13) « First ... 11 12 13  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice., Formally known as Man of Steel 2
Kaiolino
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 10:11 AM

#ILoveRogue

Mmmmmaybe.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 10:27 AM

frostitute

OoookayoooO
PMEmail
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Apr 6 2016, 09:49 PM

Still Endangered

PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Apr 7 2016, 05:24 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

user posted image
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:31 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I forgot to post this here.

There were some technical problems like the transitions from scene to scene and how also how the dream sequences lacked clarity.

I was able to enjoy it because I knew everything they were hinting at and how they were deconstructing the mythos of the characters (something that's been done a billion times so it wasn't exactly fresh this time around) but that ended up adding to the problem. It was a movie for DC fans who have already emerged in the stories of the trinity and dc universe. it wasn't accessible to newcomers at all.

There were a lot of small but distractingly stupid creative decisions made throughout the film as well.

For one, Gotham and Metropolis being across the water from each other. Those are two east coast/west coast. It doesn't even make sense for Gotham's shithole of a crime den to still be a shithole if an active Superman is literally an earshot away from the crime-ridden city.

Another one is a scene in which Batman is chasing a bunch of arms dealers through Gotham and Superman decides to show up in the middle to tell Batman to quit his night job. Except the criminals got away. Why didn't Superman stop the criminals before talking to Batman? No one knows.

How did Bruce find Diana the second time around?

As for Lex,

I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed this version of young Lex. I mean, I was interested in the millennial twat characterization the writers were going for, but I wasn't exactly looking forward to it. I was a bit surprised by how much I did end up enjoying the modern take on Lex. I, personally, thought the hate for the characterization was completely overblown, but I do understand that it's not for everyone. Although, I'm a little annoyed about how some people are decrying this Lex because he's not like the Lex they've seen in other movies/tv shows. Which let me be clear.

No one actually likes Lex.

Everyone seems to be on this kick that he's this super suave Bond-like villain but he's actually just evil Bruce Wayne with a bigger ego. He's a total creep, a brilliant creep, but a creep nonetheless. The most important thing about Lex is his ability to gain power and manipulate others. I thought this version Lex was really good at it. Even when it was painfully clear that he was being manipulated and controlled. The potential is there for future films.

ALSO, I felt like the argument was too weighted against superman and very little was in his favor. I mean, we only got three scenes with Lois, Ma Kent, and Ghost Kevin Kostner supporting Clark being superman. It wasn't a very balanced narrative in that respect.

It was a decent enough movie but it had unnecessary and sloppy editing flaws and it wasn't inclusive to a general audience without the DC know how so the points need to be taken away for that.

I think it boils down to, do the negatives outweigh the positives. And for me, what I enjoyed about the film outweighs its flaws. It could obviously be better but it's not the worst movie ever.

To be honest I was more disappointed with TDKR than I was with BvS. I give the movie 7 out of 10.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:34 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh and the thing with Jimmy.

No one really gives a fuck about Jimmy Olsen because's a character that has barely evolved into modern times. I mean, he needs to be something more than Superman's dorky human man-child friend. He's so irrelevant and easily replaced, but people still cling to him out of some idiotic sense of nostalgia. Look at what happened when CBS Supergirl tried to update the character. Mayhem. Hell, look at what happened when MoS turned Jimmy into Jenny. Everyone complains about Jimmy Olsen being mistreated but people care less about him than they do Lex. They just want some fake phantom memory of a character they barely care about. It's utter nonsense.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: Apr 14 2016, 05:06 AM

Moderator!!!

So I saw this the other day and I have to say, this wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. I'm too lazy to put in tags so don't read on unless you've seen the movie/don't care about being spoiled.

Was it good? No. But it was definitely not as bad as some of the other superhero movies that have been praised to the high heavens. I was a lot more invested in this than I was in the godawful Avengers 2, despite hardly reading DC comics at all.

I feel like this movie had a ton of potential that wasn't really utilised to its greatest extent. The core of the story, people being afraid of Superman, was a good idea, but the execution was lacking. It was just explained away as Lex manipulating the situation, but it really could have been something if they actually showed Superman acting in ways that would make people, and the audience, question whether he really had their best interest in heart. This could have tied in to Superman's identity crisis. That his personal ties to humanity were putting his loved ones at risk, and impeding his ability to act for good.

As for Supes himself, I felt that he was way too emotionless. I don't blame Cavill himself for this, but his performance was really subdued. He wasn't anywhere near as angry or sad at some of the situations as he should have been.

Batman, on the other hand, I loved. I've never been a fan of the Dark Knight trilogy or Bale's (in my opinion) pretty ridiculous take on Batman, and I think Affleck did a great job portraying an older, more bitter Batman. The robot voice was a bit unnecessary, at least when he was in the normal outfit, but I prefer that to some raspy nonsense that sounds like it's coming from a ten year old playing pretend.

Now Lex, I absolutely hated. He came off more as an autistic Joker than he did Lex Luthor. He wasn't the least bit intimidating or interesting, he was just pathetic, annoying and pretty gross. He had none of the pathos of Lex Luthor, none of the the convincing arguments, none of the charm or suave.

And I do agree that the movie was too long. It managed to keep my attention throughout, which I found impressive since way shorter movies tend to have me daydreaming pretty quick, but it was really just stuffed with a ton of unnecessary scenes that weren't really relevant to the main story. I understand the intention, to have people looking forward towards the movie universe that Warner are trying to create, but I don't think this is the way to do it. The movie was overstuffed with way too much set up for the future.

And killing him at the end was really pointless when they clearly showed that he was alive (or something along those lines) 10-15 minutes later.. Obviously, we all knew he'd be back, but they could have at least kept the mystery going for a while, maybe have him pop back up in Justice League living anonymously at the Kent farm, only to be forced back into action.

All in all, it was far from the worst superhero movie I've ever seen. I think the worst to come out of this movie is the fact that Warner are re-cutting Suicide Squad to "add more humour": What I enjoy about the Warner-DC-verse so far is that they take their stories seriously. Sure, you could argue that they take it too seriously, but I much prefer that to the Disney-Marvel-universe, which feels the need to make all their movies either comedies or action-comdedies because they don't think people will take any of that superhero malarky seriously.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (13) « First ... 11 12 13 
Add Reply
New Poll