Pages: (16) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

[Movie] Suicide Squad
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Oct 20 2014, 09:56 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42521

David Ayer has been a busy man lately. The writer/director has turned out End Of Watch, Sabotage and now Fury is little over two action-packed years. Next up is the serious upscale that comes with commandeering DC’s freshly-announced superhero movie, Suicide Squad, and Ayer is ready for the challenge.

“Fury whetted my appetite for a bigger canvas and this idea of world creation,” he told Empire. “You can do amazing things as a filmmaker if you have the proper tools, and those are time and money.”

Money and time he’ll have plenty of – Suicide Squad is scheduled as the second DC behemoth to hit the big screen, following Batman V Superman in two years’ time – and, although he couldn’t say much, his vision for the movie should reassure fans. “I can say that it’s a Dirty Dozen with supervillains,” he said. “Then I can ask the question, ‘Does a movie really need good guys?’”

Maybe not, and on paper at least, Suicide Squad’s bad guys, antipodean asshat Captain Boomerang especially, can be an unsavory bunch. So how do you go about casting an Australian racist? “Like one would cast any other role,” Ayer rebutted. “I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m going to do what I do in my typical fever dream of directing.”

It may be a departure from the gritty, real-world settings he's delved into so far in his career, but Ayer is relishing the leap into the comic-book galaxy. “I love the passion [comic-book fans] have for these characters and these worlds. I think there’s something incredible about the comic genre and technology has finally caught up with pen and ink to render these fantastic worlds in a way that feels believable and visceral to audiences. It’s a secular religion in that regards. The mythology that these characters represent – the idea of them as fallen gods on Earth – is intriguing to me. I can’t wait to start exploring those corridors.”

Meanwhile the cast, currently rumoured to have Will Smith, Tom Hardy and The Wolf Of Wall Street’s Margot Robbie in talks, could have a Fury-style boot camp ahead. “I have a cookbook of preparation that I like to run actors through,” chuckled Ayer, “so I don’t think I would change [my preparation].”

Fury is out on October 22, with Suicide Squad doing its badass thing from August 5, 2016.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Oct 20 2014, 10:06 AM

Advanced Member

Here is hoping DC will release, finally, the trades of that classic run on the title!

I just saw the Arrow Suicide Squad episode and I'm all pumped for this. Justice League had an episode too, right? Can't recall if Smallville did, I thought they did something similar in later seasons.

--------------------
shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Oct 24 2014, 12:16 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic ‘Suicide Squad’? [Rumor]

http://deadline.com/2014/10/jesse-eisenber...uperman-859659/

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Oct 24 2014, 12:21 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Kristen Blake DiMera @ Oct 24 2014, 03:16 PM)
Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic ‘Suicide Squad’? [Rumor]

http://deadline.com/2014/10/jesse-eisenber...uperman-859659/

No, Nope, do not want.

I can only hope they kill Eisenberg's Luthor and reveal him to be Lex Luthor Jr, and replace him with Bryan Cranston as "Lex Luthor Sr."
PMWebsite
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Oct 24 2014, 01:05 PM

Advanced Member

I still can't picture Eisenberg standing up to Carvell. He must be at least two feet taller than Jesse. Don't see Jesse doing well against Affleck either.

Though I like the idea of them making a shared movie-verse with even simple casting. Still wish the TV and Movies were not separate but there is no way they would go with the Arrow cast as movie guys.

--------------------
shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Chadwick Behr
 Posted: Nov 9 2014, 10:36 PM

MILK IS DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!

Collider is claiming Robbie is in as Harley Quinn.

*nods in approval for approximately twenty straight minutes*
PM
^
Chadwick Behr
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 04:01 PM

Hardy, Smith, et al., confirmed:

Smith will play Deadshot, best known as a Batman villain, while Hardy the group’s leader, Rick Flagg.

Leto will take on the Joker while Robbie will play Harley Quinn, his on-and-off girlfriend. [Jai] Courtney will be Boomerang while [Cara] Delevingne, the model-turned-actress who is also in Warners' Pan tentpole, will play Enchantress, a sorceress.

Jesse Eisenberg, who was rumored to be involved with the movie, is not part of the official team, nor the official cast, according to sources. But that does not rule out a cameo appearance for him or other actors playing villains or heroes in the Warners’ other DC-based movies.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 04:13 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oprah needs to be all up in this movie. She would make the perfect Amanda Waller

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 04:19 PM

X-Men Discourse

omg Joker Leto is a reality <3<3<3

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Chadwick Behr
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 04:20 PM

Oprah would be 10000000000000000000000000000000000x better than Cynthia Addai-Robinson, but she's on the tall side for the part. I'd prefer Chandra Wilson with her awful S1 Grey's Anatomy hair.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (16) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll