Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

CBRév Poster Appreciation 2016
AgentFelix
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 06:42 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Apathy is my problem too. Between work and games, I don't have a ton of spare time. I read the X-Titles because I pay for them, but I haven't had time to grab a lot of the shit I pirate and read it in months
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 10:43 PM

Advanced Member

Ah, Blazing Saddles. Good movie. No way it could be made today.

That whole fourth wall breaking climax is the definition of meta.
PMEmail
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 11:47 PM

Moderator!!!

Hear hear!

I've lost my primary SDA source, and have been swamped lately. I've been itching to get back to reading X-Men comics so that I have something to complain about.
PMEmail
^
Supernature
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 11:48 PM

Superior Homo

This is a good thread and I agree.

Unfortunately I think the issue is that the books we have now don't give a lot of room for discussion: EXM is an absolute bore, UXM is okay but it doesn't rock my socks off and idek about the other books.

I think we would need to go back and read some old stuff together to have some quality discussion again.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 04:18 AM

#ILoveRogue

QUOTE (Juggernaut Punch @ Sep 20 2016, 09:47 AM)
I've lost my primary SDA source

Nemesis moved to Worldwidetorrents.
PM
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 08:03 AM

Moderator!!!

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Sep 20 2016, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (Juggernaut Punch @ Sep 20 2016, 09:47 AM)
I've lost my primary SDA source

Nemesis moved to Worldwidetorrents.

Bless you Kaio.
PMEmail
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Juggernaut Punch @ Sep 20 2016, 02:47 AM)
Hear hear!

I've lost my primary SDA source, and have been swamped lately. I've been itching to get back to reading X-Men comics so that I have something to complain about.

I think this Shithumans vs. X-Men trilogy will give us plenty to complain about, and may help unite some X-Men fans.

But, yeah, obviously we all want more than that. http://i.imgur.com/hB4a7C2.gif

QUOTE (AgentFeliX @ Sep 19 2016, 09:42 PM)
Apathy is my problem too. Between work and games, I don't have a ton of spare time. I read the X-Titles because I pay for them, but I haven't had time to grab a lot of the shit I pirate and read it in months

QUOTE (Supernature @ Sep 20 2016, 02:48 AM)
This is a good thread and I agree.

Unfortunately I think the issue is that the books we have now don't give a lot of room for discussion: EXM is an absolute bore, UXM is okay but it doesn't rock my socks off and idek about the other books.

I think we would need to go back and read some old stuff together to have some quality discussion again.

This is why I'm warming to things like From the Beginning threads. I can revisit things that are probably due for me anyway. Lately, there have been many "it's been 15 years since Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly started New X-Men" articles, and I started getting pangs for that, Joe Casey's run, X-Treme X-Men, et al. (Not to say I'm not open to other runs in other books.)

It then occurred to me that there's enough distance between now and Mike Carey's run, or even Matt Fraction's run, for some retrospective. (Yikes!)
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll