Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Titans [TV]
Fringe Division
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 03:14 PM

Napkin Bracelet

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...a-titans-732352

The Turner-owned cable network is nearing a pilot-production order for Titans, a drama based on a group of super heroes-to-be, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

From Warner Horizon Television and DC Comics, the drama hails from writers Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind, I Am Legend, Lobo) and Marc Haimes. Goldsman will exec produce, while Haimes will serve as a co-EP.

Based on characters from DC Comics, Titans revolves around a group of young superheroes-to-be who are recruited from every corner of the DC universe. The action-themed drama centers on Dick Grayson, who emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a fearless band of new superheroes including Starfire, Raven and more. The show is described as a dramatic adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book titles ever.

Goldsman co-wrote several of my favorite Fringe episodes. Sign me the fuck up.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 03:23 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

If they produce some good effects and get a hot Raven, I'll watch every episode.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 06:21 PM

Still Endangered

Will it directly compete with CW's live action Young Justice?

And which Nightwing would be hotter?

PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 08:16 PM

Napkin Bracelet

Probably Young Justice's. TNT's had, like, three good-looking younger actors on its shows, and that's if you count Ben McKenzie as being "young" when Southland was still on.

Now you might think that with TNT you have better actors, but all but one of the younger actors on Falling Skies are fucking horrible when given anything to do besides smile.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 11:14 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's if Young Justice makes it past developmental phase. CW had plans for a Raven show but it never saw the light of day. And with iZombie, Arrow, and Flash I doubt they'll go with another superhero show (which they should because everything else they have sucks).

WB/DC should start to option their shows to Syfy. Syfy has said numerous times that they're looking to get away from the shitty Z Sci-fi movies and get back into original programming. They can't go wrong with a DC show.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 07:51 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Dec 9 2014, 04:15 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Dec 10 2014, 10:04 AM

Advanced Member

I guess Kid Flash probably won't be in this. I'm impressed the Bat office allowed Nightwing to be in this. That's pretty big of them.

--------------------
shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
vitamin
 Posted: Dec 12 2014, 11:47 PM

It's beautiful.

I'm hoping it's gonna be good, 'cause Goldsman involvement is meh.

QUOTE (Lycaon pictus @ Sep 11 2014, 06:21 PM)
Will it directly compete with CW's live action Young Justice?

And which Nightwing would be hotter?

It's gonna compete with waffletastic Teen Titans GO!

P.S. It's not gonna win, but I'm going to appreciate the effort.

--------------------
I know, boo. I know ~ ted(d(y))
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 13 2015, 05:16 PM

The Counterfeit Cant of Connecticut

user posted image

There are several DC comic book-inspired television shows on the air right now, and their numbers may only increase over the year ahead. CBS is planning to launch a Supergirl TV series in time for the Fall 2015 TV season; Syfy just revealed that it is developing a Superman prequel series, titled Krypton; and TNT is working on a live-action Teen Titans show, called Titans, that we can now confirm will enter the pilot production stage in 2015.

Titans will revolve around onetime Batman sidekick-turned superhero Dick Grayson, alias Nightwing, as he puts together a band of new superheroes whose ranks will also include classic Titans like Starfire and Raven… but perhaps not also Cyborg, whom Ray Fisher will be bringing to life on the big screen, starting in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016. (Mind you, that’s not a given yet, concerning whether some other version of Cyborg will appear on Titans.)

The Titans program is being written by Oscar-winner Akiva Goldsman (Fringe) and co-produced by Marc Haimes (The Legend of Zorro). Titans is most certainly not TNT’s first excursion into proper action genre television before - not for the channel that airs such sci-fi/action programs as Falling Skies and The Last Ship – but it will mark the first time the network has dipped its feet into the pool of superhero entertainment.

When, exactly, the show will premiere on the network, is a question that remains to be answered. However, DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has revealed that the Titans pilot will enter production next year (see below), so a late 2015/early 2016 premiere date would appear to be a possibility.

Source. More source.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll