Pages: (51) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Ororo Munroe a.k.a. Storm Discussion, She will meet you at the monorail.
sweetzaynsass
 Posted: May 6 2014, 05:39 AM

Advanced Member

Interview about the book

I'm at work right now so I can't read it. But I liked the first interview he gave when the book was announced, maybe he can pull it off. Not without Sage though.
PMEmail
^
The Complicated
 Posted: May 6 2014, 05:54 AM

Advanced Member

Cyclops, Havok, Wolverine and Magneto may all fancy themselves as the leaders of mutantkind -- but when it comes to choosing a single mutant who could take charge and lead the merry mutants into a brighter era…? The only member of the X-Men who hasn't buckled under the pressure or revealed major character flaws, making her both the best and most logical choice, is Storm. As one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe, Ororo Monroe is an inspiring figure to whole generations of mutants, and her oratory skills are second to none.

What? What? Wait... what?

Does the CBR guy even know Storm or was it perhaps one of those Storm fans that wrote it? You know, the type that uses the word goddess frequently and without irony in their posts.

Also, second paragraph: Storm has been leading by example for more than fifty years? I knew that she was even older than Emma, that white hair doesn't lie.

PMEmail
^
Aguja
 Posted: May 6 2014, 07:45 AM

Advanced Member

I can't read this in depth at the moment but I like what I saw when I skimmed it. He seems really committed to writing Storm well. I wish there was a little more art teased in the interview though.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: May 6 2014, 08:01 AM

#ILoveRogue

QUOTE (The Complicated @ May 6 2014, 02:54 PM)
Cyclops, Havok, Wolverine and Magneto may all fancy themselves as the leaders of mutantkind -- but when it comes to choosing a single mutant who could take charge and lead the merry mutants into a brighter era…? The only member of the X-Men who hasn't buckled under the pressure or revealed major character flaws, making her both the best and most logical choice, is Storm. As one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe, Ororo Monroe is an inspiring figure to whole generations of mutants, and her oratory skills are second to none.

Does the CBR guy even know Storm or was it perhaps one of those Storm fans that wrote it? You know, the type that uses the word goddess frequently and without irony in their posts.

Also, second paragraph: Storm has been leading by example for more than fifty years? I knew that she was even older than Emma, that white hair doesn't lie.

The writer of the article is Steve Morris AKA Seresecros.
PM
^
The Complicated
 Posted: May 6 2014, 08:17 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ May 6 2014, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (The Complicated @ May 6 2014, 02:54 PM)

The writer of the article is Steve Morris AKA Seresecros.

I'll be completely honest and say that I remember the name but nothing about the poster behind it.

And I stand by my joking.

And also stand by this new interpretation that Ororo is really 50+ years old.
PMEmail
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: May 6 2014, 12:11 PM

Moderator!!!

Storm better watch her ass. The Avengers don't allow muties to use their powers to help poor people. Those African orphans haven't earned it.
PMEmail
^
Gene
 Posted: May 6 2014, 03:04 PM

Belcher and/or the Cow

ostensibly the most powerful, and frequently their moral center

Between this comment and his wanting to refer to Storm as "She"-with-a-capital-"S", I'm losing a lot of respect for Pak.
PM
^
PatriX
 Posted: May 12 2014, 02:20 PM

Another "x" in statistix

Not a fan of Pak. I wish someone more competent would write Storm.

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: May 13 2014, 03:52 AM

Walking Study in Demonology

Storm is platinum blonde.
PMEmail
^
darknessatnoon
 Posted: Aug 12 2014, 01:59 PM

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54779

It looks like Creep will be returning to keep Storm in check. And sorry, Gentle fans.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (51) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll