Pages: (123) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Extraordinary X-Men (2015), Ongoing series discussion thread

How do you feel about this Extraordinary X-Men announcement?
I'm totally pumped! [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
I'm cautiously optimistic, but seems like Marvel is there for us after all! [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
I'm cautiously optimistic, partly because I'm an X-Men fan, and I need to take my wins where I can with the way Marvel treats the property now. [ 11 ]  [45.83%]
Ew! Keep it away! [ 9 ]  [37.50%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
Kaiolino
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 02:50 PM

#ILoveRogue

QUOTE (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @ Jun 30 2015, 12:48 AM)
What's off her rocker means? Claremont is the only writer who can write a gud Storm or Nightcrawler or Beast. That's why they're not good characters.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary...off-your-rocker
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 02:55 PM

The Counterfeit Cant of Connecticut

Writers coming on the XBooks saying how much they LOVED Claremont's run and also Morrisson and Whedon and also just the writer who left is likeme telling my employer 'why yes of course I've read the brief'. U really a fan tell me what u thought of Carey and Spurrier and Gillen and Austen and Milligan and Casey and Kelly and Seagle. Don't waste my time with the same speech writers have given since for the last decade.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Kevin J ShadowPussy
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 02:59 PM

Damn Lice

QUOTE (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @ Jun 29 2015, 07:48 PM)
What's off her rocker means? Claremont is the only writer who can write a gud Storm or Nightcrawler or Beast. That's why they're not good characters.

That is wrong. Ellis wrote a good Storm. Pak did too, he just failed at presenting interesting stories/villains, but the characterization was spot on. Alan Davis also wrote an amazing Storm in his much hated by some (not me!). Also Seagle, that was a good Storm. The problem is of the latest bunch of people writing her most of them failed miserably. That's not Storm's fault, it's the shitty writers like Fraction, Bendis or Wood.

--------------------
FREE FONGJI
PMEmailWebsite
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 03:00 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Jun 29 2015, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @ Jun 30 2015, 12:48 AM)

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary...off-your-rocker

Thanks Kaiolino. Oh, Storm and Beast can be great characters. Notice my word choice.
PMEmail
^
Beezzi
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 03:03 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

QUOTE (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @ Jun 29 2015, 10:55 PM)
Writers coming on the XBooks saying how much they LOVED  Claremont's run and also Morrisson and Whedon and also just the writer who left is likeme telling my employer 'why yes of course I've read the brief'. U really a fan tell me what u thought of Carey and Spurrier and Gillen and Austen and Milligan and Casey and Kelly and Seagle. Don't waste my time with the same speech writers have given since for the last decade.

Agreed - every new bleeding writer brings up fans favorites and each one claims CC was their hero. dry.gif (Bendis did it in one sentence and then stabbed CC in the back in the next....what a classy act...) Would it hurt one of them to at least try and be original? Pick anyone else!

Although, I see they are now parroting the "famlily" line...someone's been reading the X-boards again.

I need more than PR spin at this stage...

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Mercury Pryde @ Jun 29 2015, 11:59 PM)

That is wrong. Ellis wrote a good Storm. Pak did too, he just failed at presenting interesting stories/villains, but the characterization was spot on. Alan Davis also wrote an amazing Storm in his much hated by some (not me!). Also Seagle, that was a good Storm. The problem is of the latest bunch of people writing her most of them failed miserably. That's not Storm's fault, it's the shitty writers like Fraction, Bendis or Wood.

Scanz? Ellis and Davis runs sucked ass.

--------------------
PM
^
Icabod
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 03:40 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Jun 29 2015, 02:48 PM)
Something I like about what he said is: He likes classic X-Men stories and seems totally oblivious to what we've had to weather over the last few years.

I don't know about that. There was that bit where he was gushing about how much he loves Bendis, which makes me nervous.
PM
^
LeonardEugenius
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 03:45 PM

Advanced Member

I don't read too much stock into his comments on Bendis' run. I see it as professional courtesy. Like I said before, I like that he acknowledged his flaws and seems to earnestly want to do better.
PMEmail
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Icabod @ Jun 30 2015, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Jun 29 2015, 02:48 PM)
Something I like about what he said is: He likes classic X-Men stories and seems totally oblivious to what we've had to weather over the last few years.

I don't know about that. There was that bit where he was gushing about how much he loves Bendis, which makes me nervous.

Its what they do. Bendis LOVED Gillen run and Gillen was a HUGE FAN of Fraction and Fraction LOVED Brubaker's stuff...

--------------------
PM
^
Kevin J ShadowPussy
 Posted on Jun 29 2015, 03:52 PM

Damn Lice

QUOTE (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @ Jun 29 2015, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mercury Pryde @ Jun 29 2015, 11:59 PM)

Scanz? Ellis and Davis runs sucked ass.

Ellis wrote her first mini. The Dodson art was horrible, but the story was great. He did a great job with her in Astonishing too, giving us that great line of having boring sex with Challah. And Davis did things like this...

user posted image
Full scene

he got her voice, he was able to writer her well, which was the point. That is Storm, not whatever Bendis wrote or Craption

--------------------
FREE FONGJI
PMEmailWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (123) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll