Pages: (16) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

All-New Wolverine (2015) discussion, Tom Taylor/David Lopez
Kaiolino
 Posted: Aug 20 2015, 09:43 AM

#ReplaceRogue

PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 12:17 PM

#ReplaceRogue

Interview with David Lopez. tons of sketches as well.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 01:18 PM

cum ninja

Lopez is too good for this book. He should be on one of the flagships again .
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 05:54 PM

Jerk Chicken

Yall can be mad, but I am excited about this book after skimming that write-up and seeing the sketches.

I just hope the "Sisters" aren't something obvious like long-hidden X-23 clones.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 06:47 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

I'm more confused at this stage as to why they keep referring to her as "the only Wolverine"...uhm....what about the grey haired guy in Ex-Men? I'm pretty sure he's gonna be around for a while.

Oh and let's not play the "Oh, he's just Logan card"....because that's bs.

The Wolverine is more than just a codename or something Logan was called. It's an intrinsic part of his being. OML doesn't stop being the Wolverine just because Marvel PR thinks we can't remember the last 37 years or so of canon. Logan and the "beast" cannot be separated.

Wolverine describes a part of Logan's nature, his being, his self (his height wink.gif ) and while it might apply to Laura as well (even though her main character arc since the day she arrived on the scene was to overcome the "family" curse and find a place in the sun out from under the Wolverine mantle... wait...did they miss that bit in their intensive study of her biography - it's pretty hard to miss....smh...), while OML is around there are two Wolverines (or none, since neither is actual our Logan).

Marvel trying to have their cake and eat it at the same time.

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PMEmail
^
The Big G
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 07:12 PM

BROLY POWER MAXIMUUUUUUUUUUUUM

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Aug 26 2015, 05:54 PM)
Yall can be mad, but I am excited about this book after skimming that write-up and seeing the sketches.

I just hope the "Sisters" aren't something obvious like long-hidden X-23 clones.

I think Yost and Kyle hinted about X-24-29 in X-Force

though they kinda lost me at him taking inspiration from Naruto

don't get me wrong...I love Naruto....but associating it with X-23...no bueno
PMWebsite
^
PatriX
 Posted: Aug 27 2015, 07:02 AM

Another "x" in statistix

user posted image
Alchemax? Do I sense Spider-Man crossover?

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 08:16 AM

#ReplaceRogue

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-pr...vel-comics-2015

Looks like another shitty Tom Taylor comic.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Nov 11 2015, 06:00 AM

cum ninja

First issue was okay but that can be credited almost entirely to Lopez. It looked fucking fantastic.

X-23 might as well be anyone, she's almost offensively characterless which makes the more clones reveal a little humorous. It was sort of like reading more Bendis with less awkward dialog. I guess the Logan scene was okay. I dunno, I just wish Lopez was on one of the team books instead.

PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Nov 11 2015, 06:10 AM

#ReplaceRogue

Was there a single panel where she wasn't cheeky, sarcasting, snarky or anything inbetween?

I lol'd at her enjoying being patted on the head like a dog though. That's going in the Canon Drawer.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (16) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll