Pages: (16) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

All-New Wolverine (2015) discussion, Tom Taylor/David Lopez
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Nov 12 2015, 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Satan @ Nov 12 2015, 01:52 PM)
Which X-Men fans are the most logical ones? Sage fans? Claremont fans?

Great thread idea.
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Nov 12 2015, 12:15 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

I'm not sure there are any. We're all irrational.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Nov 25 2015, 07:40 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

Stop being good little MCU fans for a minute and read Wolverine #2, part of the mostly-forbidden X-Men franchise.

It was pretty good. The ending was legit sad.

Like if SPOILERS:
Cosima and Helena
got SPOILERS:
shot in the face
just before you got to know them sad.

And they are sooo going to break Warren23 up and this is also sad.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Nov 25 2015, 07:47 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

QUOTE (jarrod @ Nov 12 2015, 05:51 AM)
QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Nov 11 2015, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Nov 11 2015, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Nov 11 2015, 08:45 PM)
Now, to 4chan, to read scans of the book that's gonna kill off Rogue, Gambit and Cable.

I look forward to your summary/spoiler thread with a detailed OP. http://i.imgur.com/aX0cxFr.gif

I didn't read it. Didn't see the cover in the catalogue on 4chan and I was too lazy to look for the issue elsewhere. Lol

srsly? How hard is it to archive search "storytime"?

Here u lazy motherfucker: http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/77387470#p77387470
lol thanks jarrod.

I kinda took my reluctance to look for it as a sign that I wouldn't be that interested in it anyway, at the time. But I guess I'll check it out in the archives now since I'm not doing anything else.

QUOTE (AgentFelix @ Nov 12 2015, 12:15 PM)
I'm not sure there are any. We're all irrational.

We read, and sometimes buy, stories that have no legitimate end by design. We are purveyors of trash, to be honest.

Like my MTV dramas, I should have stopped reading cape-shit a long time ago, but I somehow never grew up.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Nov 25 2015, 08:29 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Just finished reading it. Enjoying this storyline. And the Lopez art. Although on Laura and Jubilee his eye placement seems a bit off to be. All his males look normal but something about the smaller head seems to throw them off. Can't put my finger on it though. Size? Placement? Not sure. Love everything else he does though.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Dec 30 2015, 08:22 AM

cum ninja

Anyone read this? The fight with Taskmaster was pretty fun. And <3 Lopez <3 is great as usual. Why is this book about a shitty character so much better than the Flagship?

One thing I don't get is Laura's new "no killing" mantra. It seems conflated with being Wolverine and a superhero, but Logan never adopted that stance? In fact he'd kill when necessary so others didn't have to.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Dec 30 2015, 11:17 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

Wolverine was fun.

I dunno why she felt like the X-Men would be afraid of Alchawhatever but...whatever.

I hated the idea of this upon initially hearing about it, but I actually like Orphan X-23 so far. It's been a good arc.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Dec 31 2015, 02:33 AM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Hold it! AF said Jubilee?!?!?!!? Please tell me that was a mistype. Wildthing v2 needs to stop living off our girl like a vampire - go get your own mainstream fan base you clawed hussy. Don't tell me we had 'THAT' scene at least. If we did....grrr! (I predicted Jubilee, Wolverine and Gambit would appear before #10.)

Also, how many guest stars/cameos are we up to now?

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Jan 5 2016, 06:52 AM

cum ninja

Jubes wasn't in the issue? I assume AF was talking Lopez in general.

Also, his drawing Laura squat and thick is totally on point. She's Logan's clone, she should look like it for once. She just needs a healthy mustache and we're set.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Jan 13 2016, 09:18 AM

cum ninja

I've liked this series so far (against my better judgement) and I'm also enjoying the clones/sisters so far (somehow they're more satisfying characters than ole Bore-23 herself) but I think think this issue was sort of a miss.

The guest star rotation is starting to appear just a little too blatant, and Strange's "omg X-23 you're so awseome" fawning came off totally forced and off the mark. You're not trying to replace Wolverine? Mostly guys on the internet R butthurt? Try moar Taylor. Also, Logan never considered her a daughter (like Kitty, Jubes, Amiko, etc) but more of a sister so Strange's whole speech was off from the start.

Oh well, at least Lopez is great as usual. Bystander baby made me miss Shogo. I hear he's off the book after next arc tho so maybe I will be too.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (16) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll