Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Old Man Logan (2016) discussion, Jeff Lemire/Andrea Sorrentino
AgentFelix
 Posted: Feb 2 2016, 07:35 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

lol at TDKR returns homage page
PM
^
The Big G
 Posted: Feb 2 2016, 07:45 PM

BROLY POWER MAXIMUUUUUUUUUUUUM

QUOTE (AgentFeliX @ Feb 2 2016, 07:35 PM)
lol at TDKR returns homage page

It was a nice two page spread
PMWebsite
^
jarrod
 Posted: Feb 2 2016, 07:50 PM

cum ninja

I just read Millar's OML for the first time. What happened to Baby Banner?!
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Feb 2 2016, 07:57 PM

#ILoveRogue

He was in the first issue of Bendis' mini iirc, being taken care of by Dani Cage.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Feb 2 2016, 08:01 PM

cum ninja

Oh right, lol. I should've checked that first.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Feb 10 2016, 04:59 AM

cum ninja

New issue was okay, but this is starting to feel like a guest parade. An Avengers guest parade at that, and from solicits it doesn't seem like that's changing anytime soon.

Since it takes place during the gap I know running into the JGS X-Men wouldn't work, but it'd be nice to see some run ins with people Logan actually cares about (Kitty, Jubilee, Yukio, Daken, Amiko, Armour, etc) or actually hates (Sabretooth, Mystique, Hand, etc). Throw us *something* X-Related Lemire.

And speaking of Lemire dropping the ball, Logan breaks six ribs this issue? Uh...

PM
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: Feb 10 2016, 07:59 AM

Moderator!!!

I liked the issue. I feel like Lemire has (inexplicably) managed to write a really good Wolverine here. But yeah, it does feel a lot like "Wolverine Team-Up".
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Feb 10 2016, 08:10 AM

#ILoveRogue

Both Wolverine books are team-up titles. I guess you could say at least the OML guest-stars are relevant to his backstory. Cloneverine meet-ups with Strange and Wasp not so much,
PM
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: Feb 10 2016, 08:15 AM

Moderator!!!

Looks like this'll be the way of the book for the first four issues, Wolverine encountering people from his past and being shocked at how things are different. So far though, Lemire has managed to keep it interesting. It looks like that'll stop (or at least stop being so overt) after the first arc though, since the solicit for #5 doesn't mention any team ups.
PMEmail
^
jarrod
 Posted: Feb 10 2016, 08:24 AM

cum ninja

At some point presumably this book will have to catch up current continuity. My guess is it'll be a good 12 issues of this gap period revenge story before that happens.

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Feb 10 2016, 11:10 AM)
Both Wolverine books are team-up titles. I guess you could say at least the OML guest-stars are relevant to his backstory. Cloneverine meet-ups with Strange and Wasp not so much,

Abortion-23 isn't any better though I think she'd at least met Strange before. Hulkbro and Hawkgrrl are brand new to OML, hardly relevant really besides repeating the same dumb mistaken identity trope twice in a row within the same issue. Although yeah, they make more sense than Wasp I guess.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll