Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Gifted (FOX)
Kaiolino
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 03:06 PM

#ILoveRogue

People want X-Men TV shows to be tied in to the movies? That's weird because I keep seeing people say the movies are horrible, the universe makes no sense and everything taking place in it is a dumpster fire.

Looks like people will complain no matter what they do.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 03:29 PM

My largest complaint is simply, like Zaddy Zayn said, the whole thing feels so lazy.

OK, so Fox decides to make two X-Men shows - note that Legion's logo has the X in it - that relate to nothing else, not even each other. Uhhh, OK?

But, when IGN questions her on whether they have a vision for the brand, her answer is basically "I have no idea". Donner, you've been involved with these features since the '90s. I'm not saying I need a carbon copy of what Disney/Marvel is doing, but come on.

You can't say you're hanging loose to give creators their freedom, because the studio meddled hard with The Wolverine and X-Men: Apocalypse (not to mention X3 and Origins, but those were the old regime).

I wonder what the vision is, when you arbitrarily kill characters (like Banshee, Emma Frost, and Havok - and Apocalypse, really), you swerve all over the road with Wolverine/Weapon X, you give so many characters nothing to do in X:A, you do this random Archangel/Angel is not Warren thing, and so on. I don't mind movies deviating from source material, but you are constantly closing doors and skipping out on opportunities.

The Deadpool guys have the right idea, at least:

“We never want to let the tail wag the dog. We want to tell the best Deadpool story we can. But I do think we have a responsibility to think about a larger universe in the way that Marvel does and start to put pieces in place.

Some of these movies feel overstuffed and almost choking with the need to set up eighteen different things that pay off down the road, and we want to avoid that responsibility to the extent that it hurts us.

We want to hint at things, we want to plan some characters, and we want to make some nods, but we’re very, very cognizant about making sure that Deadpool is above all a Deadpool movie.”

From: http://www.darkhorizons.com/deadpool-2-wri...urnees-x-force/
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 04:36 PM

X-Men Discourse

yeah basically they have not even the slightest clue about the direction they re taking the franchise and thats the most grating part. I hated XMA as much as the next fan and Im not particularly in love with the universe but these projects should be an opportunity to fix that, not another reminder that "woops we screwed up our continuity so better steer clear". Like just the fact she admitted that in interview is such a yiiiiiikes moment. Telling stories in the movieverse without Wolverine or Magneto popping up is rlly not contrived like itd just go to show its a vast universe with lots of stuff going around. It just sound like they dont want to untangle their mess.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 25 2017, 03:25 PM

X-Men Discourse

ughhh this is goin to suck

--------------------
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Jan 25 2017, 03:54 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

QUOTE (Zaddy Zayn @ Jan 25 2017, 06:25 PM)
ughhh this is goin to suck

My thoughts, in summation.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Jan 25 2017, 04:00 PM

#ILoveRogue

He's just doing the pilot ffs. Learn to understand how shows work. Directors have barely any influence. It's all the showrunner and the writers' room.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 25 2017, 04:29 PM

X-Men Discourse

--------------------
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Jan 25 2017, 05:05 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Jan 25 2017, 07:00 PM)
He's just doing the pilot ffs. Learn to understand how shows work. Directors have barely any influence. It's all the showrunner and the writers' room.

Too late. Although I should be hyped for this, and meh on Logan, it's exactly the reverse.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Jan 25 2017, 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Jan 25 2017, 07:00 PM)

Huh?
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 26 2017, 01:09 AM

X-Men Discourse

Singer has been chosen to direct the pilot and will co produce the show, a decision that tells us absolutely NOTHING about the show's potential hmmm, creative sensibilities I guess is the word? Because obviously he was chosen at random, he has no history whatsoever with this franchise so we really can't make a judgement call just from this info. Because 🎵thaaaat's🎵hoooooow🎵shoooooows🎵wooooork🎵.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll