Pages: (28) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

ResurrXion, X-Men: Rebirth
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Sep 2 2016, 11:48 PM

Wake Me When The Purifiers Are Dead

Serious.

I mean, I'm aware that the character is known to be popular there, but I don't consider Tumblr to be monolithic. It's not like you'll find more Carol stuff on Tumblr than anything else, it's just that "Tumblr loves captain marvel" became a popular thing to repeat.

I'd wager that if someone would measure mentions of her on Tumbler and social media, tumblr wouldn't outlie the others much, if at all. It's like the imagined Carol Corps. We know they are supposedly there in large numbers but sales say that's probably just something people say.

Damned memes.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 05:54 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

I take back my sarcasm. I'm ok with the conspiracy theory surrounding the myth of Carol Fandom.
PM
^
gregyo
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 06:01 AM

Ashley Davenport

I think tubmblr adored KSD's Captain Marvel run. I don't think they really care about the character because she isn't that interesting, frankly.
PM
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 06:53 AM

Moderator!!!

QUOTE (AgentFeliX @ Sep 2 2016, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (Juggernaut Punch @ Sep 2 2016, 07:39 AM)
Not surprised, they gotta keep the Inhumans afloat somehow. They can't carry anything by themselves, and the X-Men franchise is basically one big "Marvel Team-Up" book where they give shittier franchises a push.

My guess is Professor X comes back and leads a team of Inhumans and X-Men Uncanny Avengers style.

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Sep 2 2016, 01:22 AM)
Is "RessurXion" a shittier pun than "X-Cutioner"? Discuss.

Fox owns the rights to the good puns.

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Sep 2 2016, 02:06 AM)
Remember when we used to compete to post the news first, back when the board was active?

You mean when we used to care about the news?

But do they? This all made sense when an Inhumans movie was in the works. But between the disfunction of the tv-movie relations and the failure to move any Inhuman related comic books not directly labeled "Avengers" or given away as FCBD toilet paper to 8 year olds, what's the fucking point. They had their experiment. They tried to force feed it to us. And just like fucking blended peas out of a Gerber jar NO ONE WANTED IT. Get it the fuck out of my comics. Jesus Tittyfucking Christ.

Even non-X-Fans are over it. The only comics related podcast I listen to anymore is iFanboy, and while Ron is admittedly a X-Fan, Josh is super hipster when it comes to comics and even he is over the Inhuman bullshit.

Obviously it's baffeling that Marvel aren't utilising their most popular comics franchise to its fullest.

Maybe this'll be some kind of AvX: Consequences deal that'll resuscitate the X-Line and move the Inhumans into a different space rather than the forefront, but at this point I'm not that optimistic.

Maybe Marvel just aren't ready to cut their losses with the Inhumans,
PMEmail
^
PatriX
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 07:55 AM

Another "x" in statistix

Tumblr...........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Do they even BUY the comics?
DO they even KNOW what a comic book is?
Have they ever touched a comic book?
I think that they consider comic books yucky, because they are glossed paper. Save Mother Earth!
All they care about are politics. I bet that they also loved Wood's X-(Wo)Men,
because of diversity points. Don't trouble yourself with them.

If tumblr is any indication, Inhumans diversity will mean as much as Ghostbusters movie did.

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 11:18 AM

QUOTE (gregyo @ Sep 3 2016, 09:01 AM)
I think tubmblr adored KSD's Captain Marvel run. I don't think they really care about the character because she isn't that interesting, frankly.

This seems accurate.

QUOTE (PatriX @ Sep 3 2016, 10:55 AM)
If tumblr is any indication, Inhumans diversity will mean as much as Ghostbusters movie did.

As does this.

I agree that at one time interest in her peaked, likely because of the KSD run, and it's been something people bang on as a measure of quality/popularity - like comic book sales indicating how good a book actually is.
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 12:10 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Sep 3 2016, 02:18 PM)

This seems accurate.

As does this.

I agree that at one time interest in her peaked, likely because of the KSD run, and it's been something people bang on as a measure of quality/popularity - like comic book sales indicating how good a book actually is.

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 03:23 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Sep 3 2016, 11:18 AM)

This seems accurate.

As does this.

I agree that at one time interest in her peaked, likely because of the KSD run, and it's been something people bang on as a measure of quality/popularity - like comic book sales indicating how good a b.ook actually is

Don't invoke the presence of those whom you loathe.
PMEmail
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 08:21 PM

Who said anything about loathing someone?
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 10:42 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Sep 3 2016, 08:21 PM)
Who said anything about loathing someone?

That's me projecting onto your comment. Sorry.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (28) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll