Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Iceman (2017), Sina Grace/Alessandro Vitti
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 09:46 AM

Wake Me When The Purifiers Are Dead

Icebro solo/duo?

I'm here for it.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 10:29 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Magento was a good title. I still maintain my long held beliefs that most X-Solos just don't work in concept because they didn't have big super hero type lives before the X-Men.

Outside Wolverine, they are not like the Avengers or Justice League. These are not heroes who joined a super hero team up. They are people who became heroes while at whatever version of Xavier's they showed up at. Every attempt at a solo feels like some weird out of character attempt to create a background and history of the character so they have their own supporting cast and personal villains unrelated to the greater X-Men mythos. It's a tired, failed strategy. Magneto worked but it's because, like Wolverine, he's not from the same mold. He has history, a back story, a mystery, personal enemies etc.
PM
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 10:36 AM

Advanced Member

The only thing that sucks about X-Men solo titles is that they always at some point have to crossover or tie into whatever event is affecting the main x-books at the time.
PMWebsite
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 10:37 AM

X-Men Discourse

I loved Magneto. It didnt set the charts on fire tho (25k/30k or something around if Im not mistaken?). It was sustainable so my previous post wasnt accurate. But I highly doubt Iceman could pull those numbers.

I really wish there was an online equivalent to the whole class throwing spitballs at that one kid in the front row. That would be Pheggy.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 10:43 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

user posted image
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 12:05 PM

#ILoveRogue

Remember when Storm sold 11k near the end of its run? lol sad.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Oct 17 2016, 03:05 PM)

10k of those were those three Storm fans on the old CBR board - can't remember their names, but I remember one was going regularly without food and still buying Storm comics.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 01:26 PM

#ILoveRogue

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Oct 17 2016, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Oct 17 2016, 03:05 PM)

10k of those were those three Storm fans on the old CBR board - can't remember their names, but I remember one was going regularly without food and still buying Storm comics.

I think it was RLAMJRRJ.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 01:27 PM

#ILoveRogue

What do we make of this? Did someone accidentally spill the beans early?

user posted image
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 01:37 PM

X-Men Discourse

Now we're talking.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll