Pages: (15) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

X-Men: Blue (2017), Cullen Bunn/Jorge Molina
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 12:22 PM

#ReplaceRogue

user posted image
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 12:29 PM

frostitute

OMFG WHYYYYYYY?

edit: sO WHAT? This is 05 book. I almost had a heart attack thinking that was Mystique bottom third shard.
PMEmail
^
Optic Rage!
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 12:38 PM

Advanced Member

I hate vague teasers, just tell us what it's about. And creative.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 01:16 PM

I'm hoping it's not just an O5 book, but they went with these graphical motifs just to make the teasers distinct outside of the color tint.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 01:22 PM

frostitute

They should make this team consist entirely of blue mutants: Mystique, Nightcrawler, Beast, Hope Gen Britta mermaid, Archangel...
PMEmail
^
Optic Rage!
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 01:37 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Oct 21 2016, 09:16 PM)
I'm hoping it's not just an O5 book, but they went with these graphical motifs just to make the teasers distinct outside of the color tint.

Yeah, i think it's more of a motif of eras/what came first etc.

Think they know at this stage that these versions of the 05 can't carry a book.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 07:16 PM

cum ninja

No versions of the Bore 5 can really carry a book. That cardboard NEEDZ later more interesting X-Men to bounce off of.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 09:50 AM

Advanced Member

This is the worst of the new teasers. The only living adult O5 are Archangel, Iceman, and Beast.

Cyclops and Jean Grey-Summers are dead. Unless that's an intended to change, which I doubt, this teaser is disingenuous at best, and false advertising at worst.

Morrison used, arguably, the three strongest members of the O5 (Beast, Cyclops, and Jean Grey-Summers) in his New X-Men run. However, the reason why the book really worked was the inclusion of Wolverine, for drama, and Emma Frost as the wild card team member. The addition of strange, new characters were another strength of the narrative.

The O5 don't sell because they don't work. They are far too white bread to function properly as a dynamic team. If you mix them into rosters with later, far more diverse characters, then aspects of their characters are allowed to flourish, thus making them interesting and viable.
PMEmail
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 10:05 AM

X-Men Discourse

How was Wolverine integrated 'for drama' that makes no sense.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 10:16 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

The problem with the O5 was not much separated them personality wise. They could be 5 people of different ethnic backgrounds and that doesn't change that there was hardly any differences between them.

The only things that separated Beast, Iceman and Angel was that one was nerdy and one was rich. But they were all goofballs. Cyclops was different as the self loathing leader and then you had the token girl for them to pine over/show off to.

Even with 50+ years of history and modern writing the O5 are still too similar. It took the plot device of the 5 of them being out of their element and time to make ANXM v1 appeal to ppl
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (15) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll