Pages: (14) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

X-Men: Blue (2017), Cullen Bunn/Jorge Molina
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 10:30 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NancyWithTheRedJacketAndABat @ Oct 22 2016, 10:05 AM)
How was Wolverine integrated 'for drama' that makes no sense.

The Cyclops-Jean-Grey-Summers-Wolverine love triangle. This segues into Cyclops having an affair with Emma. Jean realizing Cyclops is boring, so she tries to initiate an affair with Wolverine, only to later flirt with Fantomex.

In a sense Wolverine is only there to act as a plot device in service of the newly established Cyclops, Emma, and Jean love triangle.

The most important contributions Wolverine had in the book were the guy talk with Cyclops in Assault on Weapon Plus, and turning down Jean Grey-Summers' initiation of an affair, only to at the end be able to profess his undying love for Jean by mercy killing her.

This allowed Jean to ascend into Phoenix Force God-mode for the rest of the story. Thus ending Jean's narrative of ascension and Cyclops being able to hook up with Emma.

Magneto didn't really kill Jean. Wolverine did. Jean made a comment about the Phoenix resurrected her to fulfill a function, and not knowing how much longer the Phoenix intends to let her stay.

When confronting Magneto, Jean was inhabiting a dead body at the behest of the Phoenix Force. It let Magneto "kill" Jean because she had completed the function The Phoenix intended Jean to accomplish.

Cyclops was merely a little bitch, necessitating Jean to come back 150 years later to reset the MU because Cyclops dropped the ball, again. It's a final commentary on Cyclops' character. These attractive telepaths are inexplicably drawn to Cyclops, but he needs them more than they appear to need him.

Cyclops can't function at all without a woman because he's that eternally fucked in the head.

Wolverine is merely a cipher for the more important characters and events to play out. He adds drama because that is his function within the narrative.

Damn, that went on longer than intended.
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 01:38 PM

#ReplaceRogue

Having terrorist Cyclops, Iceman and Beast who hate him, back from the dead Jean and whatever is going on with Angel this week in one book would actually be kinda interesting. For a little while.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 01:53 PM

Jerk Chicken

Cyclops is not dead, fod.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 05:20 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AgentFeliX @ Oct 22 2016, 10:16 AM)
The problem with the O5 was not much separated them personality wise. They could be 5 people of different ethnic backgrounds and that doesn't change that there was hardly any differences between them.

The only things that separated Beast, Iceman and Angel was that one was nerdy and one was rich. But they were all goofballs. Cyclops was different as the self loathing leader and then you had the token girl for them to pine over/show off to.

Even with 50+ years of history and modern writing the O5 are still too similar. It took the plot device of the 5 of them being out of their element and time to make ANXM v1 appeal to ppl

All of this. AgentFeliX best explained why the O5 don't work
PMEmail
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 05:30 PM

X-Men Discourse

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Oct 22 2016, 10:53 PM)

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Sep 2 2016, 01:19 AM)
Death of X is the death of Cyclops. This is his return.

???

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 05:39 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NancyWithTheRedJacketAndABat @ Oct 22 2016, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Oct 22 2016, 10:53 PM)

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Sep 2 2016, 01:19 AM)
Death of X is the death of Cyclops. This is his return.

???

I didn't respond to Peggy's comment for the same reason. It genuinely vexed me.

http://i.imgur.com/H45WCPv.gif
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 05:48 PM

Jerk Chicken

We're supposed to believe he's dead for the purposes of selling DoX, but most of us know they would never, and he'll be back as the "resurrected" character in ResurrXion.

He'll come out from wherever Emma had him stowed as the books relaunch. He hasn't literally been killed. C'mon guys.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 06:11 PM

#ReplaceRogue

Why would editorial want him to lead the bright and colorful status quo when they've been selling him as an edgier type character for the past 16 years? Also it would pretty much kill Teenclops' arc in Champions.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 06:21 PM

Jerk Chicken

I'm just assuming moving him away from the edge will be part of that more positive era we're moving into. Note that they never had him do anything that couldn't be blamed on "cosmic cocaine".

Tyke could still want to differentiate himself, theoretically, so his story could continue as planned.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Optic Rage!
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 06:47 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Oct 23 2016, 01:48 AM)
We're supposed to believe he's dead for the purposes of selling DoX, but most of us know they would never, and he'll be back as the "resurrected" character in ResurrXion.

He'll come out from wherever Emma had him stowed as the books relaunch. He hasn't literally been killed. C'mon guys.

Who, exactly, are ''they''?
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (14) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll