Pages: (38) « First ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

X-Men: Gold (2017), Marc Guggenheim/Ardian Syaf
Satan
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 12:49 PM

frostitute

Did X-Men have some big redesigns these last few years beside Anka for X-force? Bachalo for Uncanny?

Yeah, X always goes back to retro I think bc fans want nostalgia. Ressurexion confirms it.
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 02:14 PM

Wake Me When The Purifiers Are Dead

Marc Silvestri, please.

Or is that guy still running Top Cow or whatever

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 03:09 PM

#ILoveRogue

QUOTE (Satan @ Apr 11 2017, 10:49 PM)
Did X-Men have some big redesigns these last few years beside Anka for X-force? Bachalo for Uncanny?

Yeah, X always goes back to retro I think bc fans want nostalgia. Ressurexion confirms it.

Even when they got more modern designs, they'd tend to revert to older designs later on. Colossus got a new design in X-Force, but reverted to the retro Cassaday design. Psylocke's Anka design was switched out for the "classic" purple suit (although with pants). Magneto's black uniform (+ trenchcoat) was switched out for his goofy traditonal costume, just with a different color palette.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 03:12 PM

I know they can come up with costumes that take classic color configurations (what people really want) and give them a cleaner, modern comics spin. I know it. Why won't they? Why can't they?

/MajinOAW
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 03:36 PM

frostitute

*shortpack*
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 04:09 PM

That Anka Psylocke design was the GOAT but I only just realized it was gone. Damn. Time to bring it back.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 05:49 AM

#ILoveRogue

Well, this book is still largely meh and the fights especially are forgettable and lack any shred of originality, but it does seem the mutant metaphor isn't going away anytime soon.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 05:53 AM

cum ninja

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Apr 11 2017, 07:09 PM)
That Anka Psylocke design was the GOAT but I only just realized it was gone. Damn. Time to bring it back.

They should let Anka do an arc so he can do another round of Old Daddy Logan. Maybe he'll bring back Beardlossus too.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 03:49 PM

Beardlossus was underrated as well.

As for today's Gold, loved it.

This THE book for the social issue stuff Marvel has been trying to do in seemingly everything except X-Men the past few years.

lol deport the muties

Feels good to see the X-Men against racists instead of themselves.

lol "There used to be Utopia. They have to go back."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
jarrod
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 03:56 PM

cum ninja

I'd love it more if it had a better artist.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (38) « First ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll