Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Peter David: "I am in desperate trouble.", A plea to fans to help with a tax bill.
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 12:59 PM

Evidently, Peter David, AKA: PAD, was stuck with a huge tax bill, because he went through a divorce wherein he lost the money set aside to appease the IRS.

You can read his plea here on his blog: http://www.peterdavid.net/2017/03/31/i-am-...perate-trouble/

Interesting note: He never says the words "please" or "thank(s)".
PM
^
Gene
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 01:15 PM

Belcher and/or the Cow

Do you want to get something for the money? Fine: Send a check to my PO Box along with books of mine and a SASE and I’ll sign them and send them back. That’s something, I guess.

Wow.
PM
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 02:01 PM

Moderator!!!

Lol sucks for him, but wow that was an entitled plea for money. I don't even know if plea is the right word, more like kindly worded demand.
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 02:30 PM

Jerk Chicken

I was going to say something snarky because of the "you may as well hand the money over to me" tone of his post, but I'm not going to.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 03:21 PM

Send him that Nation X: X-Factor issue to sign.
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 06:46 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Wut
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 08:52 PM

X-Men Discourse

big fuckin mood

user posted image

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 09:18 PM

That's so fucking embarrassing. Why not book an event? Or series of them or some shit.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 10:28 PM

X-Men Discourse

there's nothing inherently embarassing with hitting a rough patch and asking for help.

I'm just happy it happens to someone who deserves it one more reason to party tonight.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 06:55 AM

QUOTE (sweetdumbass @ Apr 1 2017, 02:28 AM)
there's nothing inherently embarassing with hitting a rough patch and asking for help.

I'm just happy it happens to someone who deserves it one more reason to party tonight.

I guess I just meant there's better ways to leverage your (moderate) level of fame, than asking for $10 straight up. Fans had to tell him "maybe doing autographs is better". And it's true, it comes off far less as someone who lives a better lifestyle asking we peons for our money and more "hey bargain autographs, I got into some shit".

I guess it has less to do with him asking for handouts, and more him being a presumably lower-upper class person who lives a good lifestyle asking for handouts from his fanbase, which is probably a large percent non-upper class and doesn't live like he does.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll