Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Secret Empire #0: *Whispers* Hail Events
Satan
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 07:50 AM

frostitute

Your recap was top notch, Kai. It certainly has more feels than my reading of the issue.
PMEmail
^
Juggernaut Punch
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 10:53 AM

Moderator!!!

I haven't been following this whole HydraCap story at all, but this was pretty great.

I don't get how this whole thing could be "offensive" though,.
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 11:31 AM

#ReplaceRogue

QUOTE (Juggernaut Punch @ Apr 21 2017, 08:53 PM)
I haven't been following this whole HydraCap story at all, but this was pretty great.

I don't get how this whole thing could be "offensive" though,.

Something about exploiting nazi iconography and glorifying their ideology by way of turning America's most prominent nazi-puncher into a Hydra agent.

There's a lot of holes in the argumentation (why does everyone love Hydra Bob? Why does nobody ever complain about Star Wars' Empire and First Order? Are people missing the fact that the "nazi" is still a villain?), but it also seems to come down to the fact that a lot of the people complaining are casual comic fans who mostly just watch the movies/AoS (where Hydra is a nazi replacement instead of a centuries old organization) and write Stucky fanfiction.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 02:31 PM

A bizarre calculation by Marvel at the PR level, at least: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/21/mar...alloon-twitter/

I might've recommended they take up more of a pro-resistance motif.
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 02:52 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

How are people unable to disassociate these things. Jesus Tittyfucking Christ
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 03:39 PM

#ReplaceRogue

user posted image
PM
^
Gene
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 03:41 PM

Belcher and/or the Cow

Did you know Steve is Jewish/Jewish-coded?

Tumblr told me so.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Yesterday at 03:38 am

frostitute

I love his equivalent to stress eating. Great comparison. Hail Spencer.
PMEmail
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:25 am

Still Endangered

I see where people are coming from. Even though I'm certain this will all end with 'good prevailing' and you could definitely draw a parallel between this story and our unfortunate reality where the forces of evil have coalesced and infiltrated global power positions, with Marvel's track record I don't blame people for not giving them the benefit of the doubt with this story.

Do I think reading this 100% on the nose as "Marvel says Nazis should have won WW2!" is warraneted? Not at all. But do I trust Marvel's judgement on writing sweeping social commentary? Again, not at all.

That shit about Cap being 'Jewish coded' is complete foolishness though. Cap is and always has been an asshole for one thing, Jewish creator or not. I didn't hear anyone complaining all the millions of times they made Superman (also made by Jewish creators) evil for shock value.
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:04 pm

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

$100 says this is coming more from the "MCU is awesome and I love nerd culture!" Tumblr crowd than actual comic nerds. Some exceptions obviously.

I can practically see the equations moving in front of their faces as they do the math on what to be mad at.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll