Add Reply
New Poll

The OA [Netflix]
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Dec 17 2016, 06:49 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Prairie Johnson (Brit Marling), who comes home to the community she grew up in with her sight restored. Some hail her a miracle, others a dangerous mystery, but Prairie won't talk about her seven years missing with the FBI or her parents.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Dec 17 2016, 06:55 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Steve is Satan and Nancy is the Borg queen!

Also, other people I can't discuss because spoilers!

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Dec 18 2016, 08:49 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Episode 8
SPOILERS:
Okay, so that was kinda anti-climatic and predictable. It was probably the weakest episode out of the bunch. Not even the flashbacks were all that interesting even tho a lot happened in them. Honestly, they only served to make OA's whole story seem more unlikely and out there which is saying a lot considering the premise of this series.

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of character growth for any of the kids. The only one who changed for the better is BBA, the teacher. I don't think Steve will ever change and totally agree with Buck that he'll probably end up a murderer. French/Alfonso was the most compelling of the kids but his shit was left totally unresolved. Jesse was just there. He's totally nice but forgotten 90% of the time.

And at the beginning, they were putting this weird emphasis on OA and her camera that went absolutely nowhere. She used it to ask for help from "Homer" but then from her story there's literally no way it could have even remotely reached him.

All in all, I def enjoyed the show but it fell flat at the end and throughout the series it started to feel like some Scientologist version of Pan's Labyrinth.

It's weird and interesting and frustrating but not particularly as deep as it tries to be.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Dec 18 2016, 08:51 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also. Riz Ahmed was in the last 4 episodes. He's hot, his American accent is hot, and his character enjoyable.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Dec 29 2016, 11:44 PM

Wake Me When The Purifiers Are Dead

It was trying extremely hard to be deep.

I feel like the copped out on the mysticism art the end for a cheap, now-pretty-run-of-the-mill "oooh what's REALLY happening???" bit.

There's no payoff and it left me pissed off.

I watched Lost and I don't remember it leaving me this annoyed.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
slacker
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 01:25 AM

Advanced Member

Binge watched the whole thing today. Started slow, then I got into it by episode 3, then it lost me completely in the finale. Not to say it's bad, but, bad choices (2 many stupid whites)(at least be smart whites).

i enjoyed Sadness the most. Even her character was named "Elizabeth 'Betty' Broderick"

Elizabeth 'Betsy' Braddock?!??!
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 01:19 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Same. I was so into this until the last episode. It wasn't even bad really it just wasn't how you expected or wanted the show to leave off on.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 07:48 AM

X-Men Discourse

QUOTE (Ted @ Tedd, and Teddy,Dec 19 2016, 05:51 AM)
Also. Riz Ahmed was in the last 4 episodes. He's hot, his American accent is hot, and his character enjoyable.

You have my full undivided attention.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll