Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Bulletin Board, Ideas, Comments, Questions, Suggestions?
Nikolai Jakov
 Posted: May 2 2014, 09:36 AM

Administrator

This is the bulletin open to all members. The foundation of CBRév is to rebuild a community and an important factor in doing so is having your input. If you have any ideas, comments, questions, suggestions, constructive criticism, or anything you'd like to tell us, please post it here. We'll respond to it immediately and if it's an issue, we won't hesitate to take action. If you have something to say, but would rather not state it publicly, you are always welcome to PM your staff. Thanks!
PMEmail
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: May 3 2014, 01:30 PM

RE: Appreciation Threads

I'm of the opinion appreciation threads are a disease, and every time someone creates one, a mutant dies. However, I realize not everyone feels this way, and we should be free to be we. What I ask is that we find a way to have them, if we must, but keep them from turning a given forum (like, say, the X-Men board) into page after page of appreciation threads.

Perhaps they can have their own sub-category/board within the parent topic board?
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: May 3 2014, 01:38 PM

RE: Board Colors

I quite like the simplicity of the grey-scale board colors. But, if you do start to consider a fourth color for accenting, I recommend the color red--definitely not blue or yellow, though.
PM
^
Takeru-Kun
 Posted: May 3 2014, 01:38 PM

Advanced Member

Appreciation threads already have their own sub-board in each category, actually.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: May 3 2014, 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Takeru-Kun @ May 3 2014, 04:38 PM)
Appreciation threads already have their own sub-board in each category, actually.

This is good news! (I'm having trouble finding things.)
PM
^
Takeru-Kun
 Posted: May 3 2014, 01:43 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ May 3 2014, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (Takeru-Kun @ May 3 2014, 04:38 PM)

This is good news! (I'm having trouble finding things.)

It's understandable, and that's what the staff is around for. Jcink is confusing at first, and if you have any more questions, don't be afraid to just throw them our way.
PM
^
sweetzaynsass
 Posted: May 3 2014, 01:52 PM

Advanced Member

Okay, I have a question for the people already here : this site was made because CBR sucks now tbh. Most of us still post there though and we think this place should be its own thing, but we had taken some habits there so what would you want to import ? Things like Poster of the month, character appreciation weeks, etc ?
PMEmail
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: May 3 2014, 02:01 PM

QUOTE (sweetdumbass @ May 3 2014, 04:52 PM)
Okay, I have a question for the people already here : this site was made because CBR sucks now tbh. Most of us still post there though and we think this place should be its own thing, but we had taken some habits there so what would you want to import ? Things like Poster of the month, character appreciation weeks, etc ?

Poster of the Month (and Year): This is good. I hope the emphasis returns to "which poster was the best this month" and not Oscar Award "They Are Overdue" Apology Style, though.

Celebration Week: Yes, but maybe at a higher frequency? On CBR, they were every four months or so, depending on whether people remembered. It made it difficult to get to characters everyone has something to say about. The reboot didn't help, because then--after waiting literally years to get through the "A-List" of X-Men characters (for example), everyone had to go through those motions again.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: May 3 2014, 02:09 PM

#ILoveRogue

How will we prevent the Clique from deciding XPOTM all the time?
PM
^
sweetzaynsass
 Posted: May 3 2014, 02:12 PM

Advanced Member

Every once in a while, we will ban one poster randomly to keep everyone on their toes. We also thought about XPotM being able to enforce a rule for the next month. Nothing too aggressive.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll