Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Underdog Recommendations
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Jun 1 2015, 03:45 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AgentFelix @ Jun 1 2015, 12:30 PM)
Velvet - Brubaker and Epting <33333333333
Saga - Obvs
Walking Dead - Because even though crack isn't great, once you start it's real hard to stop until you've lost 50 lbs, and just can't bring yourself to suck dick anymore because your lips are that chapped.

I know there's better stuff out there but that's all I'm reading atm

I read until issue #48. I couldn't go any further. The reason being Rick Grimes. The guy was such a sociopath, and I know it was intentional on Robert Kirkman's part because it was in the back matter material.

I was buying the oversize hard covers containing 12 issues each, each issue's cover, the TPB's covers, concept art, issue concept art, writer and artist notes, and every changing character designs to include what ever new mutilation the characters had endured.
PMEmail
^
Supernature
 Posted: Jun 1 2015, 11:14 PM

Superior Homo

I stopped reading Walking Dead around issue 68.

I couldn't bear the art anymore and I just sort of lost interest in the story. I'm glad to see an indie comic do this well though.
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Jun 2 2015, 12:50 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

It's gotten a lot better of late. The whole wandering period before Alexandria was odd, and settling in there was different. However, the war with the Saviors seemed very similar to the war with Woodbury. While I admit after so long conflict was probably needed with another group of humans, and it did differ enough to stand on it's own it didn't really add anything new to the overarching story.

HOWEVER, the aftermath of that has been interesting. Time jumped forward (I can't remember exactly how far but I think it was 2-3 years) and Kirkman has done a good job of making the reader pick up the pieces as the story progresses instead of just dropping it all in exposition. We're finally getting to see what the developments of society could be like in a grander scale in this specific post-apocalypse.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Jun 2 2015, 03:07 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AgentFelix @ Jun 2 2015, 12:50 PM)
It's gotten a lot better of late. The whole wandering period before Alexandria was odd, and settling in there was different. However, the war with the Saviors seemed very similar to the war with Woodbury. While I admit after so long conflict was probably needed with another group of humans, and it did differ enough to stand on it's own it didn't really add anything new to the overarching story.

HOWEVER, the aftermath of that has been interesting. Time jumped forward (I can't remember exactly how far but I think it was 2-3 years) and Kirkman has done a good job of making the reader pick up the pieces as the story progresses instead of just dropping it all in exposition. We're finally getting to see what the developments of society could be like in a grander scale in this specific post-apocalypse.

I always wanted there to be a time skip and have Carl and Sophie hook up as young adults. Either among a group of people rebuilding a human settlement to reestablish human civilization, or co-leading a new established settlement they created and gathered other survivors.

Despite not reading the comic anymore, I too, am glad an independent comic has done this well in a market saturated by superhero comics and monopolized by two big companies backed by movie studios.
PMEmail
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 01:37 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Descender (image)

user posted image

One young robot's struggle to stay alive in a universe where all androids have been outlawed and bounty hunters lurk on every planet. A rip-roaring and heart-felt cosmic odyssey that pits humanity against machine, and world against world, to create a sprawling space opera from the creators of Trillium, Sweet Tooth, and Little Gotham.

Written by: Jeff Lemire
Art by: Dustin Nguyen

Rasputin (Image)

user posted image

In one night Rasputin was poisoned, beaten, stabbed, shot in the head, drowned, then tied up and thrown in a frozen river. It was really bad timing. His beard was just coming in nicely. New York Times bestselling author ALEX GRECIAN and fan favorite artist RILEY ROSSMO reunite for the first time since their critically acclaimed series PROOF!

Think Tank (Minotaur Press/Top Cow)

user posted image

Dr. David Loren is many things: child prodigy, inventor, genius, slacker... mass murderer. When a military think tank's smartest scientist decides he can no longer stomach creating weapons of destruction, will he be able to think his way out of his dilemma or find himself subject to the machinations of smaller men?

Written by: Matt Hawkins
Art by: Rahsan Ekedal

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 03:01 PM

Advanced Member

Descender looks to be really up my alley in terms of story and art style.

Looks like a serious science fiction story. I'll check Amazon for it, even if I have to buy the single issues from multiple anonymous people.
PMEmail
^
Supernature
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 02:19 PM

Superior Homo

Hellboy recommendations:

The Wolves Of Saint August
A Box Full Of Evil
Conqueror Worm
Seeds Of Destruction
Wake the Devil
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 04:01 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Supernature @ Jun 8 2015, 02:19 PM)
Hellboy recommendations:

A Box Full Of Evil
Conqueror Worm
Seeds Of Destruction
Wake the Devil

Would these be Hellboy titles and not the spinoff series BPRD series? Either way, I've read some random Hellboy and BPRD issues and they were pretty good.
PMEmail
^
Supernature
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 04:07 PM

Superior Homo

QUOTE (foddington @ Jun 9 2015, 01:01 AM)
Hellboy recommendations:

A Box Full Of Evil
Conqueror Worm
Seeds Of Destruction
Wake the Devil

Would these be Hellboy titles and not the spinoff series BPRD series? Either way, I've read some random Hellboy and BPRD issues and they were pretty good.

Those are Hellboy storyline written and drawn by Mignola.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 04:18 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Supernature @ Jun 8 2015, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (foddington @ Jun 9 2015, 01:01 AM)
Hellboy recommendations:

A Box Full Of Evil
Conqueror Worm
Seeds Of Destruction
Wake the Devil

Those are Hellboy storyline written and drawn by Mignola.

Thanks.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll