Add Reply
New Poll

They're Not Like Us
Supernature
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 12:58 PM

Superior Homo

They're Not Like Us is a series published by Image Comics written by Eric Stephenson, drawn by Simon Gane, colored by Jordie Bellaire and lettered by Phonografiks.

user posted image

A young girl who will be named Syd, can hear voices in her head and has spent her entire life in hospitals due to this condition. Her parents don't understand her, nor do her doctors. After an attempted suicide, she is removed from the hospital by a man and brought in a mansion where other youngsters live. They all have superhuman abilities and her problem turns out to be one as well: she is a telepath.

user posted image

Syd is introduced to the group and discovers their way of life: they do what they want (to "normals") because they can. They steal and indulge in various acts of violence. However, they have rules when it comes to their little cocoon. Said rules are established by their self appointed leader and mentor, a louche man who goes by the name "The Voice". They ensure that the group's identities are a secret to the rest of the world and effectively isolate them from it.

Wait... does this remind you of anything ?

Many things are not what they seem in the house: each member of the group has their own little fucked up story and not everyone likes the new life they're living. Syd will have to figure herself out amongst this group.

Note: I just got done reading the first trade and I enjoyed quite a bit. The writing is pretty good imho (although the dialogue can be an tiny bit weak at times) and I love the art. It's very simple and tells the story efficiently. Jordie Bellaire does an amazing job with the colors too (but when doesn't she ?). Totally recommended.
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 01:32 PM

cum ninja

I like the art. Runt's hott.
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 04:24 PM

Advanced Member

Dat art.

Reminds me heavily of Warren Ellis' FreakAngels. Both stories share a very similar premise - following a group of morally questionable young adults with various supernatural powers.
PMEmail
^
darknessatnoon
 Posted: Aug 29 2015, 04:31 PM

Yes,

Hi Fi turned me onto this. But I'm waiting for some srs psychic combat.
PM
^
Supernature
 Posted: Jun 17 2016, 12:42 AM

Superior Homo

Hmmmm.

The second trade of this wasn't quite as good as the first one. Feels like the plot didn't budge much. But I still enjoyed it.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll