Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Mark Bagley vs John Romita Jr
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 02:48 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This coming from the Amazing Houston Comic Con this weekend, during the John Romita Jr/Mark Bagley “Architects Of Pop Culture” panel. It appears that JRJR and Mark Bagley devolved into a war of words during their panel together.

BleedingCool is getting reports from various sources about the showdown (or breakdown) between the two artists.

Beginning the panel in high spirits, the two creators seemed competitive on stage, with plenty of crosstalking, but the problem really began when the two creators expressed differences on aspects of their comics work, Mark Bagley stating that he got into comics by winning a competition, and teasing Romita that he got in through his father. It appeared to be the usual banter, but then things changed.

Bagley had confessed that his daughter had made his granddaughter cry to get some photo reference for Ultimate Spider-Man. Romita called out his grandfather skills, but Bagley stated he hadn’t known anything about it until after.

Romita later had to correct Bagley, when he referenced his character Carnage being “son of Spawn”, rather “son of Venom” telling him “having a grandkid really messes you up”. Bagley responded “having a wife really messes you up.”

And that was just the tip of the "Your wife liked it" iceberg. I think it's safe to assume these two will not be attempting a collaboration anytime soon.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 06:17 PM

Advanced Member

Neither of them should be talking smack about the other or any artist in general. Both of their art styles look horrible.
PMEmail
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 07:26 PM

Advanced Member

If Bagley really wanted to piss off JRJR, he should have asked him to draw little kids.
PMWebsite
^
jarrod
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 07:43 PM

cum ninja

JRJR's great and Bagley's always been trash.
PM
^
Gene
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 08:24 PM

Belcher and/or the Cow

I'm still so mad at JRJR for being part of the conspiracy to ruin Remender's life. sad.gif
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 08:31 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JRJR and Bagley are both shitty artists and neither have room to speak, but Bagley was being a total douche in this situation. I'm surprised JRJR didn't throw him across the room. It sounds as though he was seconds away from doing so.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Gene
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 08:38 PM

Belcher and/or the Cow

^ Harieled.

I can tolerate JRJR's art, at least. On the other hand, I can't read too many Bagley-drawn comics in a row without wanting to punch myself in the face.
PM
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 08:39 PM

Advanced Member

I like it when Bagley does Spider-man, but anything else no, i guess the same can be said for JRJR.
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 08:43 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

QUOTE (Birds Sword Rights 2K15 @ Sep 8 2015, 12:38 AM)
^ Harieled.

I can tolerate JRJR's art, at least. On the other hand, I can't read too many Bagley-drawn comics in a row without wanting to punch myself in the face.

I don't know what this means. Did I read the article and then completely misinterpret the meaning????

Tell me, I must fix whatever it is that equates me to hariel and eliminate that connection at once!

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Gene
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 08:56 PM

Belcher and/or the Cow

It means "agreed," Teddy. Keep up.

I'm trying to be agreegineers (TM Kaiolino) with you about Bagley being the douchebag in this situation.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll