Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Stjepan Šejić: From Webcomics to Published Works, Ravine, Death Vigil, Teen Witchblade,
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: May 20 2014, 07:44 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Stjepan Šejić is a Croatian comic book artist currently working as an illustrator for American comic book Witchblade, published by Top Cow Productions.

His published notable works include:
Aphrodite IX
First Born
Broken Trinity
Artifacts
The Darkness
Ravine
Death Vigil
and a slew of other titles.

And, Witchblade from issue #116 to #150. After completion, it will be the longest run of Witchblade ever made by a single artist. But some of you may also be familiar with him through his deviantArt web series like Sunstone (w/ wife Linda), Death Vigil, and Teen Witchblade(Twitch).

Discuss your favorite works by Stjepan or finally find out who the artist/writer I'm constantly crying about on facebook is!

Death Vigil pg 1-6 | Twitch/Teen Witchblade pg 1-13 | Sunstone chapter 1

user posted image user posted image user posted image

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 20 2014, 07:56 PM

Swollen Member

I love Stjepan's work. It's beautiful and the sheer volume of work he produces is admirable regardless of quality. But not only that you can see him exploring new techniques constantly, while he has a clear and unique style you know that he does so of his own accord and not through his own limitations.

He is an artist I deeply respect and admire, and more artists should take from his influence to better themselves. Myself included.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: May 20 2014, 08:06 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I've been in love with his art since I first read his run on Witchblade. <3 His style is just so unique and atmospheric yet fluid at the same time. It's such a great combination of artistic choices. And I love how sometimes he switches his artwork up like with what he's doing on Aphrodite IX currently.

And his Ravine art is just beyond amazing. It's so gorgeously detailed.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 21 2014, 01:57 PM

Swollen Member

My friend found a few of his for fun re-design pieces online and I decided to actively explore his work as much as I could on the internet. It was a joyful experience.

I only recently discovered his "Shiniez" DeviantArt account that had "Sunstone" on it and admittedly it's the only long form comic of his that I've read.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: May 21 2014, 02:46 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I love Sunstone! It's such a fun read. It's not skeevy like it potentially sounds but instead it gives a more realistic and normal take on the whole BDSM arena. And the characters are pretty enjoyable and humorous.

Oh, and Linda (co-writer on Sunstone & Stjepan's wife) has her own webcomic too. http://sigeel.deviantart.com/ it's called "Blood Stain", this down on her luck woman gets a great job opportunity working for an "evil scientist", it's good stuff. The art is very similar in style to Sunstone.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Personamanx
 Posted: May 21 2014, 02:56 PM

Swollen Member

It's a very sweet and charming story. It's sexy as hell when it wants to be but it's also very educational. I've not read all of it but it's a lot better than it would sound if I had to recommend it to someone, and even then it wouldn't sound too bad if one is open minded

I'll look into that. Thanks April.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 07:00 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sejic’s Sunstone Brings Romantic Comedy to the World of BDSM - Writer/artist Stjepan Sejic successfully breaks through writer’s block with leather, whips, and chains in Top Cow’s upcoming Sunstone.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57039

user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 07:01 PM

#ILoveRogue

hot
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 07:03 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's a great read. You should check out the deviantart page for the full issues.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Nov 17 2014, 03:09 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SECRET ORIGINS #10
Written by CAMERON STEWART, BRENDEN FLETCHER, DAN JURGENS and CAITLIN KITTREDGE
Art by STJEPAN SEJIC, IRENE KOH and SEAN CHEN

Poison Ivy (coming your way from writer Caitlin Kittredge and artist Stjepan Sejic)!

This is great. I know he's doing the He-Man comics now but this will be like the second time he's done art on a main universe DC title. biggrin.gif

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll