Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Chris Claremont Sovereign Seven
APOSTLE
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 03:58 PM

Walking Study in Demonology

Has anyone read this? It's kind of fun. There's a WHOLE lot of domination in it. I could never read it entirely because the artwork was so AWFUL at all times no matter how good the artist. It wasn't like when CC was on UXM with class acts, the book had artists trying to be hot and mimic that 90s speculator Image style. (That's like trying to be a good singer by imitating Kelly Clarkson!) Has much as I loved CC, I simply couldn't do it back then, and even less now. Even the Rick Leonardi special is terrible.
PMEmail
^
PatriX
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 12:41 AM

Another "x" in statistix

I wish I could read it in its entirety too.
From what I heard this book is Claremont at his convolutiest,
which means "an excercise to your brain".

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: Aug 16 2014, 05:15 PM

So I am at issue 10 next. The art is sooooooo fucking uglyyyyyy. It looks like it was a total borechore for the artist to plow through, Ron Lim, who is way worse than Dwayne Turner is looming on the horizon and the colors make everything extra harder to decypher. The writing is weird. Its logic is very jumpy. It makes sense but it feels like a lot of steps are being skipped from one point to the other. I don't know why I am still reading, it's kind of addictive.

So was everyone doing heroin in the 90s or what? How come I can't even read 90s comics from creators that I love, even 20 years later. I know Dwayne Turner is not a shitty artist. Why is his S7 so awful? Will anyone ever answer?

QUOTE (PatD @ Jun 9 2014, 12:41 AM)

From what I heard this book is Claremont at his convolutiest...

It's because the story keeps skipping from one state to the other. It's lacking tons of smooth transitions. I find it hard to read. The artwork and colors being so ugly or confusing makes it worse.
PMEmail
^
darknessatnoon
 Posted: Aug 16 2014, 06:34 PM

I think I tried reading this shit-show once and I failed, and I've read 50 issues of Savage Dragon. Or maybe I finished it and made myself forget it. Who knows?

Read CC's Aliens vs. Predator instead. It's très racy.
PM
^
PatriX
 Posted: Aug 18 2014, 06:33 AM

Another "x" in statistix

QUOTE (darknessatnoon @ Aug 16 2014, 09:34 PM)
I think I tried reading this shit-show once and I failed, and I've read 50 issues of Savage Dragon. Or maybe I finished it and made myself forget it. Who knows?

Deadliest of the species is pretty well known.

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: Aug 24 2014, 01:00 PM

Issues 10 & 11 were great!

We're introduced to the villain Kim, a Chimaera like Mystique except way cooler. She is liquid kind of like Shaitan. We're also introduced to the boutique criminal organization called Genesys who employ telepaths and have designs on Network.

Issue 11 was classic Morrison D8m Patrol by way of CC. Dwayne's art is a little less phoned in for both issues, I actually enjoyed it and the colors too. I can't believe it's the same creative team. The plot feels a lot less jumbled than the forest guardian plot.

All of the women are kick ass Claremazons, it's shameless.
PMEmail
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Aug 24 2014, 04:57 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (darknessatnoon @ Aug 16 2014, 06:34 PM)

I'm not sure what the theme to the Predator series is, but the theme to the Alien franchise is body horror and attacking the male audience with their fears of rape, forced pregnancy, oral insemination, and being used as a baby incubator.

Here is how the Alien species originally reproduced. According to Ridley Scott, Dan O'Bannon, and H.R. Giger.

Alien: Deleted Scene- The Cocoon Sequence

I don't know how to embed videos from Youtube, so this is the best I can do.

James Cameron used a movie treatment entitled "Mother" as the template for Aliens. Which included a fight scene at the end with the female protagonist fighting in a mechanical suit against an evil hive like Queen species.

So remember, all those eggs you saw Kain find in the derelict ship in Alien were all once living creatures used as genetic yolk to create the Alien eggs.
PMEmail
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: Aug 24 2014, 05:45 PM

Hello? Sovereign Seven?
PMEmail
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Sep 4 2014, 01:34 PM

Advanced Member

I own issue three for the Kitty, Lockheed and Illyana appearance.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2...to-dc-with-him/

--------------------
shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: Sep 4 2014, 06:04 PM

I'm at issue 18. It's fun. The Ron Lim art is terrible so I am rushing through them a little. But I enjoy all the domination, insubordination and heroism. Lots of nonsense change of allegiances too. "I'm sick of being manipulated! So I will go with the rapiest character of the bunch!" dumb stuff like that. Kim was just a robot after all, so my favorite villains are still Dystopia so far.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll