Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Chris Claremont Sovereign Seven
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Sep 4 2014, 09:09 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JackalsIII @ Sep 4 2014, 01:34 PM)
I own issue three for the Kitty, Lockheed and Illyana appearance. 

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2...to-dc-with-him/

"Who ordered the latte?"

"My book bag."

Still not the craziest thing I've ever read. Comic books- because crazy is our middle name.
PMEmail
^
Icabod
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 07:23 PM

Advanced Member

I remember only reading the first issue a very long time ago. I reread it today and found it to be fairly enjoyable. Appears this was written at a time when Claremont wasn't completely over the demise of his seventeen year relationship with the X-Men. At least half the team seem to be slight iterations of characters from his previous stories (Cascade/Storm, Indigo/Nightcrawler, Finale/Psylocke, Network/Kitty). It gave me the impression that this was written on a rainy day with Streisand playing in the background. I can almost see him gazing wistfully out his window as the raindrops lightly hit the glass. I didn't mind though. If anything it came across as endearing. I just might read the second issue tomorrow to see where this goes.

(BTW, shouldn't this be considered a DC comic instead of an "other" comic?)
PM
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: Sep 12 2014, 02:21 AM

Walking Study in Demonology

QUOTE (Icabod @ Sep 11 2014, 07:23 PM)
I remember only reading the first issue a very long time ago. I reread it today and found it to be fairly enjoyable. Appears this was written at a time when Claremont wasn't completely over the demise of his seventeen year relationship with the X-Men. At least half the team seem to be slight iterations of characters from his previous stories (Cascade/Storm, Indigo/Nightcrawler, Finale/Psylocke, Network/Kitty). It gave me the impression that this was written on a rainy day with Streisand playing in the background. I can almost see him gazing wistfully out his window as the raindrops lightly hit the glass. I didn't mind though. If anything it came across as endearing. I just might read the second issue tomorrow to see where this goes.

(BTW, shouldn't this be considered a DC comic instead of an "other" comic?)

It's other because it's ©CC.

That's how I dismissed it at first, but the dynamics are different. Indigo is a charmer like Nightcrawler and blue skin, but it's a different hermaphrodite character. Cascade has a relationship with a younger looking woman kind of like Storm and Kitty yet it's entirely different. There's nothing Kitty Pryde about Network.
PMEmail
^
Icabod
 Posted: Sep 12 2014, 08:09 PM

Advanced Member

Well for me the verdict is still out on Network, but I can honestly say that as of today I don't feel there's anything Storm about Cascade. I'm only on issue #2 and the woman has already been dominated.
PM
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: Sep 13 2014, 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Icabod @ Sep 12 2014, 08:09 PM)
Well for me the verdict is still out on Network, but I can honestly say that as of today I don't feel there's anything Storm about Cascade. I'm only on issue #2 and the woman has already been dominated.

Cascade isn't through licking boots.

I'm at issue 22 next and I am still enjoying it. The only problem is that it still feels like I don't know any of the characters and the artwork is awful. Even Dave Cockrum did some of his worst work in there.
PMEmail
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: Sep 29 2014, 05:27 PM

UPDATE

I am now done reading issue # 30 and I have no clue what is going on.
I skipped issue 26. 28 was pretty bad too.

Nothing is established, it is simply happening.

By #24 or so it's even jumpier, missing tons of necessary scenes.

Did Chris write dreck? Did the artist skip over the boring parts? Was it done Marvel Style?
PMEmail
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Sep 30 2014, 02:31 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (fod_xp @ Sep 4 2014, 10:09 PM)

"Who ordered the latte?"

"My book bag."

Still not the craziest thing I've ever read. Comic books- because crazy is our middle name.

Exactly! Plus, in the DCU, anything goes. That's the one benefit of having Superman around, he allows everything to be possible

--------------------
shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Icabod
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 05:59 PM

Advanced Member

Just finished issue #6. I really wanted this to be a space epic or at least involve more globe trotting types of adventure. Slowly I'm starting to accept the possibility that the team will never leave Crossroads and that this is just a comic about small town heroics. Such a shame because I actually like most of these characters. It would be nice to see them in a different setting.
PM
^
APOSTLE
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 02:17 AM

They do travel in space a little. Moreso in the annuals.
PMEmail
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 02:09 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JackalsIII @ Sep 30 2014, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (fod_xp @ Sep 4 2014, 10:09 PM)

"Who ordered the latte?"

"My book bag."

Exactly! Plus, in the DCU, anything goes. That's the one benefit of having Superman around, he allows everything to be possible

I have to give DC credit for green lighting more experimental comics that Marvel would never have even accepted at the submissions process. Granted there were those such as Paul Levitz who tried his best to prevent many great comic classics from being published under DC's Vertigo imprint.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll