Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Faith & Angel season #10, Discussion thread
sweetzaynsass
 Posted: May 8 2014, 06:19 AM

Advanced Member

It would probably be pointless to do more than one thread since I don't think we have that many fans around here. Anyway, discuss the recent developments in the Buffyverse.

Season 10 sees original Angel & Faith creative team of Christos Gage and Rebekah Isaacs taking over the flagship book, dealing with the Scoobies new life following the return of magic and the resurection of a now teenage Giles, while vampire enthusiast Victor Gishler and artist Will Conrad are now in charge of the Angel & Faith spin-off, in the aftermath of a magic bomb going off in London and granting people supernatural powers.

user posted image
PMEmail
^
sweetzaynsass
 Posted: May 8 2014, 06:24 AM

Advanced Member

BTVS Season 10 #3 Preview and solicitation :

user posted image

Actor Nicholas Brendon joins the creative team as his character Xander acquires help from his old friend—um, master—Dracula. The new vampires are still a mystery, and unquestionably similar to Drac . . . Meanwhile, Buffy and Willow track down one of those new vampires as a study specimen!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Dawn's dialogue/exposition is incredibly clunky. I hope the Key thing plays a part later on otherwise it will have been incredibly useless and out of place.
PMEmail
^
anthony_lynch15
 Posted: May 9 2014, 02:05 AM

I'm a big fan of the last Angel & Faith comic. Thought that Season 9 was great.
The Buffy one was pretty good as well, although IMHO not as good as Angel & Faith.

Haven't started in to the new seasons yet though.
Particularly looking forward to seeing what happens with a teenage Giles.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: May 9 2014, 02:57 AM

X-Men Discourse

Buffy season 9 kinda sucked. Angel and Faith was vastly superior. Can't say I've loved Gage on Buffy so far but Gishler's Angel is kinda meh, like most things he writes. I need to read issue #2.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jun 18 2014, 03:45 PM

X-Men Discourse

I don't get why Xander and Dracula haven't banged yet. He is way more credible as a gay than Willow.

--------------------
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 3 2014, 11:10 AM

X-Men Discourse

Update on this as I've gone back and re-read the 8 first issues of each series :
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Buffy : Gage/Isaacs continue being a dynamic team, the interaction between characters feel genuine, the jokes are funny, the sad parts break your heart, etc. I love the FRIENDS bit, it's not very convincing but has the potential for lots of fun hijinks.
Every character is well utilized, Spike and Buffy sexual tension is through the roof in the first few issues before things go back to being complicated, it's been like that since the second half of season 8 tho, I'd like some development. And omg, at last, AT LAST they're adressing the elephant in the room. By which I mean, the whole Spike trying to rape Buffy. YASSSSS.
Xander/Dawn, not sure what to say, the whole thing feels contrived tbh, they should have just given them a baby and let them move on with their lives. The flip-flopping is annoying. I hope Anya's return is indeed the sign of some mental illness for Xander rather than a magical thing. It'd just be more interesting.
Giles isn't adjusting very well and in pure Giles fashion, is keeping his feelings to himself rather than sharing them with the others. I'm hoping he goes on to be a pilot or something, that would be a nice touch + as much as Buffy thinks she needs him, she doesn't really. It might even have been better if he stuck with Angel and Faith.
Not much is being done with Willow, but that will probably change given the cliffhanger of the last issue and omg I can't wait.
The art is a little wonky at places but Isaacs is still top notch generally speaking.
Needs better villains. B+

Angel & Faith :
kinda boring. Especially the Angel parts. hey're trying to make Angel into Magic Town's sherrif except his dynamic with the townies isn't explored at all. It's still the same old same old hangng around in dank bars, beating up sleazes for info. The narration is a-okay but Angel's speech pattern is off. He sounds more like Spider-Man having a bad day. His supporting cast is meh. Nadira and the cop are nothing remarkable and Gischler kinda ruined Giles' aunts who should be stealing the spotlight in every appearance.
The Faith part is slightly better as she has to deal with selling out to the corporate life. It's till not that treated with as much smart or depth as it should be, but I'm pretty sure at this point that's because Gischler is incapable of it. The current storyline of her trying to make amends with Riley is nice I guess. Wait & see how that turns out.
Needs better character. Starting with someone for Angel to play off of. Maybe a new love-interest ? Or just bring back Cordy, ffs.
Also needs humor, omg is this boring. Not one quip. C-

--------------------
PM
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Nov 6 2014, 03:37 PM

Advanced Member

Is issue 32 of Season 8 still the only reference to Kitty Pryde, the series has made? I feel like I've read a few references were made but I'm not sure.

I thought there was a an issue where they list a bunch of superpowers and phasing was one of them. Then in 32, they specifically talk about phasing.

Unless all of that was the same issue.

--------------------
shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 6 2014, 04:14 PM

X-Men Discourse

QUOTE (JackalsIII @ Nov 7 2014, 12:37 AM)
Is issue 32 of Season 8 still the only reference to Kitty Pryde, the series has made?  I feel like I've read a few references were made but I'm not sure. 

I thought there was a an issue where they list a bunch of superpowers and phasing was one of them.  Then in 32, they specifically talk about phasing. 

#32 was the one when Buffy gains a shitload of powers and they list them, mentioning phasing (she can't do it). I don't think Kitty was ever brought up tho I could be wrong. In season #9, Buffy robot pregnancy issue and Kitty Brood pregnancy issue from WtXM came out the same day.

--------------------
PM
^
JackalsIII
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 12:20 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (MacManus @ Nov 6 2014, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (JackalsIII @ Nov 7 2014, 12:37 AM)
Is issue 32 of Season 8 still the only reference to Kitty Pryde, the series has made?  I feel like I've read a few references were made but I'm not sure. 

I thought there was a an issue where they list a bunch of superpowers and phasing was one of them.  Then in 32, they specifically talk about phasing. 

#32 was the one when Buffy gains a shitload of powers and they list them, mentioning phasing (she can't do it). I don't think Kitty was ever brought up tho I could be wrong. In season #9, Buffy robot pregnancy issue and Kitty Brood pregnancy issue from WtXM came out the same day.

That's funny!

I tried to do an image search for 32 but only found the phasing / tree scene. Thanks for the confirmation!

--------------------
shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 21 2015, 09:56 AM

X-Men Discourse

just read Buffy's last issue and I'm screaming!!!!!

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll