Add Reply
New Poll

Valiant Gets New Ambitious Movie Slate
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 10:39 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/...ous-movie-slate

Valiant tonight announced that Chinese media powerhouse DMG Entertainment has partnered with the publisher to create an unprecedented slate of tentpole Hollywood films over the next several years. The two-pronged deal will first see DMG inject Valiant with an undisclosed eight-figure amount of equity investment capital to continue developing its characters across all media channels. Additionally, the Beijing-based company will put up nine figures of film financing capital to produce a slate of live action film and TV projects based on Valiant properties.

For its part, Valiant already has a number of film projects in development including their own production of "Harbinger," a take on "Bloodshot" set up at Sony Pictures, an adaptation of "Archer & Armstrong" and a version of "Shadowman" scripted by J. Michael Straczynski. How the DMG deal would specifically impact each of these projects is unclear, however the PR from Valiant mentions several such projects in relation to their plans with the Chinese company for a shared film universe.

user posted image

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
vitamin
 Posted: Mar 9 2015, 07:07 AM

It's beautiful.

American economy is losing it's number one spot, it's time for the superhero movies to follow.

--------------------
I know, boo. I know ~ ted(d(y))
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Mar 9 2015, 07:15 AM

X-Men Discourse

As long as it hurts Disney/Marvel....
/motto

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Apr 21 2015, 10:38 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-visi...get-film-790433

A month after comic book publisher Valiant Entertainment revealed it had received a nine-figure investment in its movie and television development arm, the independent publisher is announcing a five-picture deal with Sony Pictures to bring two of its series, Bloodshot and Harbinger to the big screen starting in 2017.

Both Bloodshot and Harbinger will receive two features each before a fifth movie, Harbinger Wars, will bring both properties together, inspired by the Valiant comic book series crossover from 2013.

Bloodshot, targeted for a 2017 release, will be directed by the John Wick team of David Leitch and Chad Stahelski, working from a screenplay by Jeff Wadlow (Kick-Ass 2) and Eric Heisserer (The Thing remake, the upcoming Story of Your Life). Matthew Vaughn and Jason Kothari will act as executive producers.

For Harbinger, Heisserer will provide the script solo, while potential directors are being kept under wraps for now. All five movies will be produced by Valiant's Dinesh Shamdasani, along with Original Film's Neal H. Moritz and Toby Jaffe (The Fast and Furious franchise, 21 Jump Street). Andrea Giannetti will oversee for Sony.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Apr 21 2015, 10:41 AM

#ReplaceRogue

gtfo
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Apr 21 2015, 10:59 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm making my way through their universe. So far Ninjak is good and I like what little i've read of Rai.

Quantum and Woody reminds me of Cable & Deadpool a bit.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Diana Prince
 Posted: Apr 23 2015, 04:52 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ted @ Tedd, and Teddy,Apr 21 2015, 01:59 PM)
I'm making my way through their universe. So far Ninjak is good and I like what little i've read of Rai.

Quantum and Woody reminds me of Cable & Deadpool a bit.

You'll love Harbinger.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll