Pages: (18) « First ... 16 17 18  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Jean Grey (2017), Dennis Hopeless/Victor Ibanez
Kaiolino
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 07:02 PM

#ILoveRogue

Yes.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 07:16 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

QUOTE (Fringe PEMDAS @ Aug 30 2017, 06:48 PM)
Mac being "unusually right" again.

Pheggy hating it makes me want to read it. Can I follow it if I haven't read previous issues?

I won't say the series hasn't been good, but ultimately it really is just "Jean Grey sucked, Phoenix is evil" repeated ad nauseum. Same thing happened in this issue so you can pretty much hop right in.

Also, there is some of the Scemma vs Jean junk that I know you guys go gaga over.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 07:25 PM

#ILoveRogue

This very issue was all about how Jeen is awful and that the whole Jean/Phoenix thing is a lot more nuanced. Have all those Jason Aaron comics fried your brain?
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 07:52 PM

Napkin Bracelet

What "Scemma vs. Jean" thing? She shipped them. :confused:

Edit: Wait, do we not have a confused emoji? No wonder CMBMOOL won't post here.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 08:53 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Aug 30 2017, 07:25 PM)
This very issue was all about how Jeen is awful and that the whole Jean/Phoenix thing is a lot more nuanced. Have all those Jason Aaron comics fried your brain?

Let me Eggsplain.

While I see some of the words in the comic somewhat speaking to the nuance you're talking about, in the memories shown to Teen Jean and in the general depiction of the Jean apparition before the last page, it all looks and feels more antagonistic than nuanced. From torching Cyclops (though i liked that part) to forcing Teen Jean to say "Jean Grey is Jean Grey is Jean Grey" (rather than Jeen seeing or experiencing something that drives a genuine epiphany) this was more on the "Jean = terrible" spectrum than anything.

It was a good comic. The art fit REALLY well.

But the tone of it still annoyed me. Still kinda slanted against Jean Grey (the REAL one). Let Jean live, dang. Enough with the bashing already.

QUOTE (Fringe PEMDAS @ Aug 30 2017, 07:52 PM)
What "Scemma vs. Jean" thing? She shipped them. :confused:

Edit: Wait, do we not have a confused emoji? No wonder CMBMOOL won't post here.

It was a possibly fictitious catfight memory that Ghost Jean used to rile up Teen Jean.

Just bored/annoyed with an inordinate amount of Jean Grey appearances being about Maddy/Scemma. It's like Wolverine and Hand ninjas, but less interesting and 10 times as overused. Let Jean live already.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 08:59 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

Good old doublepost

--------------------
PMEmail
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Aug 31 2017, 12:38 AM

The Counterfeit Cant of Connecticut

he was literally praising the previous issues that were unreadable garbage. also Im pretty sure Hopeless stole my idea of Fongjis ghost helping Jean to become a better person and just whitewashed it. but im okay with that.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Aug 31 2017, 12:47 AM

The Counterfeit Cant of Connecticut

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ May 25 2017, 04:35 AM)
I should have said in my post along with that complaint that this issue was pretty fun.

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Aug 11 2017, 01:02 AM)
Both issues were good.

lolwhut

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Aug 31 2017, 03:08 AM)
Edit: rereading.

Didn't like the tone of it initially, but maybe I missed something. Other don't seem slighted by it.

user posted image

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 11:35 AM

frostitute

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Aug 30 2017, 07:25 PM)
Have all those Jason Aaron comics fried your brain?

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 08:22 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

inb4 this is an illusion created by emma.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (18) « First ... 16 17 18 
Add Reply
New Poll