Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Star Trek: Discovery [CBS All Access, Int.Netflix]
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Oct 30 2017, 01:44 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This was probably my favorite episode of the season thus far and I normally hate time loop episodes of anything sci-fi. But this was great and had a ton of great character building.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Oct 31 2017, 10:32 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

I really liked it as well. I feel like a broken record, but for all those whining it felt very "Star Trek" at its core. And it was a very different take on the reloop episode. Typically you see things very repetitively, or from one character's perspective. As much as I do want for more episodes to NOT be from Burnham's perspective, it was neat that we got an outsider's angle to the time loop. Generally in these types of episodes you'd follow Stamets and it would be very cliche as he realizes what's going on and tries to change it. Instead we got it as a reveal, just as Burnham and Tyler did.

Also it had just the right amounts of personal moments like the secret, and awkward exchanges, in the Burnham/Michael flirtation stuff.

Also, is Stamets ok? The DASH drive almost killed the Tardigrade but his partner just lovingly puts docks in his arms so he can dock with the drive and become it's nav system? Regardless of the mirror universe hint that was dropped, I'm wondering how this isn't killing him.

I don't know what else to say. It was a lot of fun, and once again I find myself just waiting for next week. It's sad to think we're already halfway through season 1.
PM
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 06:45 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well this was an episode where stuff happened.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Nov 12 2017, 06:12 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Episode 9 was lit as hell even though it totally copied that episode of X-Men evolution where nightcrawler discovered he actually teleports between dimensions

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 08:35 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Finally watched 9 last night. Holllllyyyy shit. So Ash doesn't remember being VoQ. This is different. Also, surprise Klingon tits in a torture flashback was a weird way to one up surprise Star Trek characters saying "fuck" twice.

There's so much good stuff to unravel though. Lorca's motivations, where they ended up (mirror universe?). The ship totally went up not down to go into that alternate reality btw, a first. Some are theorizing that the Lorca we're seeing IS Lorca from the mirror universe, and that maybe we'll meet a new Lorca later, or find out the prime universe one is dead. Poor Stamets and his brain. There's so much going on and I can't wait for January.

Can't remember if we discussed this or not, but very happy it got picked up for a second season. I was worried they wouldn't get enough CBS All Access subscribers to warrant it. And that on top of that the Klingon War arc will only last this year, so themes will begin to vary as the story goes on.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5 
Add Reply
New Poll