Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Kingdom TV show
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 03:51 PM

I don't lactate.

Synopsis : sexy Frank Grillo violence as he and his family are managing a MMA club in California.

user posted image

The show is set before Grillo is hired by HYDRA to infiltrate SHIELD so I hope we get to find out how he get there and if yes or no he is a nazi. Notably in the first few seconds of the show he beats up two latinos. Also I am halfway through the first episode and there seem to be no non-white people in his MMA club.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 04:29 PM

Napkin Bracelet

I was tempted to watch this just for Frank even though the premise has no appeal to me whatsoever. How is it? Aside from the racism, I mean.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 04:38 PM

I don't lactate.

there's no racist stuff, I'm just doing that thing where I'm convincing myself this is a prequel to WS and try to come up with evidence.

I haven't finished the first episode but I love it already. You may not like it because it's not ridiculous though. Mostly it's about fucked up people doing fucked up things to themselves and each other. MMA is just an excuse so far. You should try it.

--------------------
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 04:49 PM

Napkin Bracelet

Yes, I got that you were joking.

And I do like some things that aren't ridiculous, you know. They're far outnumbered by the things that are ridiculous, granted, but they're there.

I'll give it a look when I get a chance.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 04:57 PM

I don't lactate.

I'm already at the stage where I'm trying to figure how to style my hair like his.

--------------------
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 13 2014, 01:05 AM

I don't lactate.

Okay so I'm five episodes in, sixth came out yesterday but I have things to do rn so I'll watch it later. Anyway :
- it took me three episodes to realize Nate was a Jonas brother. Overall, his performance isn't too bad. He is the least good actor of the show but still,
- Jay is fucking perfect. Don't kill him, show, I'm not even joking.
- Needz more Lisa/Jay moments. Lisa/Nate and Lisa/alcohol would be nice too.
- I can't decide if I'm rooting for Lisa and Alvey or Lisa and Ryan. Going to need watching everything from the start.

user posted image
those crazy eyes tho

--------------------
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Nov 13 2014, 02:02 AM

Napkin Bracelet

I thought for a second this might be a Jason Katims show because there are two Parenthood actors (one of whom was also on Friday Night Lights) and he likes to use the same people over and over, but it is not.

[/cool story]
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 13 2014, 03:47 AM

I don't lactate.

I'm thinking about watching Friday Night Lights for Ryan. Who was the other actor on Parenthood ?

--------------------
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 13 2014, 01:46 PM

I don't lactate.

Okay so I watched episode 6. And now I'm going to lie : I didn't spend the first 30 minutes of it squealing of excitement.

S
O
M
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

(because I don't remember how the spoiler tag works)

Everyone was paired up perfectly :

Jay and Alvey bonding, that was sweet and it highlighted the strength of Jay's character. His life is completely fucked up but he's still the guy who's going to roll his eyes and tilt his head when he sees other people making bad life decisions. I felt at first that the reconciliation between the two was too easy, like Jay is mad for an episode and then it's forgotten. But it makes sense bc obviously he's not one to hold a grudge and ultimately he literally just wants his family together.

Nate and Christina : it was so sweet to have someone looking out for Nate. I hope she sticks around. Also, he needs to text the therapist girl. I want Nate to have, like friends and shit.

Ryan and Lisa : she's a tough nut to crack, I love how six episodes in he didn't manage yet to reach her despite his many attempts. It's like, her couple with Alvey may be in trouble but because of the issue of trust and not because she is actually going to give in and sleep with her ex.

The family dinner scene was sweet and awkward at the same time. The writers are still playing with our minds as to the characters' history so we don't know if Alvey is right to be wary of Christina or if he's just throwing a fit bc everything isn't going his way.

Now I didn't enjoy Ryan's moment with his dad, nor the final scene. Admitedly, in an episode super-charged emotionally, Ryan's chat with his parents was the hardest part to pull off. And he kinda failed to emote. There was a point when his mother left the room that he was almost believable but then he went back to hardly credible. Then again, I'm not clear on whether Ryan's genuinely trying to make amends or if he's just fucking with everyone's head so...
And finally the end-scene. Keith is growing on me and I like where they're going with that storyline but something about the execution of that scene rubbed me the wrong way to the point it killed my enjoyment. I'm not sure what it is, maybe I expected something different since I knew something big was coming at the end of the episode. Anyway, this leaves Ryan in an interesting spot, we're left to wonder if he hurt Keith to help him or because he actually enjoys inflicting pain upon others, or a bit of both.

Here's an interview with the actor who plays Keith. Spoilers for this week's episode.

--------------------
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Nov 13 2014, 09:04 PM

Napkin Bracelet

QUOTE (MacManus @ Nov 13 2014, 07:47 AM)
I'm thinking about watching Friday Night Lights for Ryan. Who was the other actor on Parenthood ?

Crazy eyes up there. He wasn't on it a lot, though. Just a handful of episodes three seasons back, I think, and then a few last season.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll