Pages: (9) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Gifted (FOX)
Kaiolino
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 12:32 PM

#ILoveRogue

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/marvel-fox...ent-1201812851/

From the Burn Notice creator. Committed to pilot, so it has to air. Hellfire has been cancelled.
PM
^
Icabod
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 03:26 PM

Advanced Member

Doesn't sound very exciting. They should have gone with an X-Factor Investigations series instead.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 03:27 PM

#ILoveRogue

Marvel would never greenlight that.
PM
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 03:48 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Can't say hearing Hellfire isn't getting made has me in deep mourning. It's the show I kept forgetting about till someone mentioned it.

This new idea seems like it has a better X-men base to start from. I'm getting a Wolverine and The X-Men cartoon vibe from it.

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 07:29 AM

This doesn't sound like a very good premise.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 03:19 PM

#ILoveRogue

PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 12:32 PM

PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 01:27 PM

Like Legion, this show will apparently have nothing to do with the movie universe: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/16/leg...future-tv-plans

GN: What are the challenges in having this other, larger X-Men franchise? Will this be within that universe, or are you making it separate?

Donner: No, we're making it separate. We're our own world.

IGN: So even if it touches upon Xavier later, it's not the Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy versions?

Donner: Yes, we're in a different world. Exactly.

IGN: Why go that route? Particularly because Matt Nix said his FOX X-Men project is a part of that world?

Donner: Matt's is much more a part of just the world in terms of there are mutants, mutants are hated and there are Sentinels -- though very different from what we've seen before. You feel like you're here in the X-Men world. With Legion, we're our own universe. It gives Noah the freedom to do what he wants to do. Because we play with so many different timelines, and we rebooted and not really rebooted and all that, we felt like, OK, we're going to throw it out there and hope the fans accept it.

IGN: Knowing that you can have these side stories between Legion and Deadpool in addition to the main series, what is the overall vision for the X-Men brand vision?

Donner: I can't even go near that. That's in the future world, and that will reveal itself when we are ready to reveal it.

IGN: More in a creative sense, are you moving forward leaning more into the idea of having standalone story versus connecting everything in a larger cinematic universe?

Donner: The cinematic universe will not worry about Legion. They will not worry about these TV worlds as all. They will just continue in the way that they have been continuing, and there is some great stuff that we are developing. I can just say it's going to be new and different, and yet Legion and our other show, we're not going to get in each other's way.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 02:28 PM

X-Men Discourse

that sounds... lazy and underwhelming.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 02:57 PM

Wake Me When The Purifiers Are Dead

QUOTE (Zaddy Zayn @ Jan 16 2017, 02:28 PM)
that sounds... lazy and underwhelming.

Yes.

I'm not too bothered about it, but as a FoX-Men fanboy or whatever that wants this to succeed as much as possible, I don't understand why they make a point of doing and saying exactly the opposite of what the audience says it wants.

I'm guessing X-Men Supernova will have black leather costumes now too.

Why don't they learn? Lol

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (9) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll