Pages: (21) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The New Mutants (April 2018)
Kaiolino
 Posted: May 14 2015, 08:30 AM

#ILoveRogue

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/13/xmen-...ants-josh-boone

Boone, a longtime comic-book fan, pitched the film along with a new comic-book for the series, and sources familiar with the project say the film will be based on the 1980s run of the Marvel comic, and that tonally it will be—”John Hughes meets Stephen King”—leaning towards horror and the supernatural.

It's everything I want.
PM
^
Graconius
 Posted: May 14 2015, 08:55 AM

Advanced Member

That means Magik. I hope they beat Dr. Strange in the supernatural superheroe race.
PM
^
Aguja
 Posted: May 14 2015, 09:06 AM

Advanced Member

Dr. Strange is coming out well before this though. Plus he IS magic in the MU. Magik has only ever been relevant to X cultists.

It's Strange, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, and Pixie. Then that goat.

I do want her to appear though. They can off her for gravitas and then Queen Amanda can appear <3
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: May 14 2015, 09:19 AM

#ILoveRogue

lol magic in the MCU is just very advanced science and Dr. Strange isn't going to change that.
PM
^
Graconius
 Posted: May 14 2015, 09:22 AM

Advanced Member

Dr. Strange seems to be taking forever, but they could still win with the better movie even if they released later.

The comics book pole position for Sorcerer supreme is irrelevant for the movies, she could be magic for the X-men films if they don't hurry up introducing Wanda.
PM
^
Aguja
 Posted: May 14 2015, 09:28 AM

Advanced Member

If they want to be successful with it they should just intro Pixie as the magic user. Her abilities are straightforward and she'd appeal to a much larger demographic. Magik's back story is a convoluted mess.
PM
^
Graconius
 Posted: May 14 2015, 09:39 AM

Advanced Member

Yes, but they kind of botched Pixie with Angel Salvadore on the Bug Wings department...Though I know they never bother explaining Azazel either so backstories and likeness are disposable.

Pixie also needs somebody to teach her magic, and Illayana is much more sinister on her behavior... They are reintroducing Colossus on Deadpool and they could go with the possessed girl route, so it could be simplified.

Anyways, I like Pixie, but I think Magik is more fitting for New Mutants.
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: May 14 2015, 09:46 AM

Napkin Bracelet

I can't properly feel the excitement for this because everything that isn't Sara Lance Feelings are completely dulled in comparison but yes, I want this.
PM
^
PatriX
 Posted: May 16 2015, 06:02 AM

Another "x" in statistix

The only thing you should expect is that it won't have anything common with new mutants other than the name.
It will be probably some young x-men, or other shit.
Anyway, it's a nice news, but at this point I roll my eyes and get drunk.

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
vitamin
 Posted: May 16 2015, 06:34 AM

It's beautiful.

I agree with Galadriel that Kitty should not be hogging up screen time in this.

--------------------
I know, boo. I know ~ ted(d(y))
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (21) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll