Pages: (13) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

X-Men: Dark Phoenix (November 2018)
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Zaddy Zayn @ Feb 23 2017, 06:28 AM)
QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Feb 23 2017, 02:25 AM)
I think it's a little too early for bizarre space opera adventures, too, though.

it's one thing I'm cool with them doing tbh we've had 6 movies about anti mutant racism/mutant supremacists. Mixing it up at this point is a breath of fresh air.

Yeah, that's true - I guess I kind of don't think about the original trilogy very much these days and focus on this new cast being a new start.
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 11:04 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 03:01 PM

#ILoveRogue

This is apparantly a movie that will release in November next year.

On the same day as Disney's Mulan.
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 05:21 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

The saddest part of this announcement is them burying X-Men in the worst release date
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 03:36 AM

cum ninja

Stilted Phoenix Saga
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 03:32 AM

frostitute

Is it wise to make Jeen focus of the movie, given Sophie's lack of acting?

I'm expecting movie to be the quality of Bendis' ANXM.
PMEmail
^
jarrod
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 05:07 AM

cum ninja

They need to recast Jean. I hear Lena Dunham's available...
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 09:42 AM

Besides the casting, we don't care enough about young Jean Grey for the impact of the Phoenix Saga to be felt - especially in one movie.

If it was a two-part thing where the first part is another adventure that involves, say, Proteus and has Jean's Phoenix-ing as the B- or C-plot, then at least there's something to launch the Dark Phoenix story. Axing Apocalypse - especially since he's probably not really dead - doesn't really cut it.

Further, this is the, what, twelfth adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga? We need it to be in deep space with bird people, and Cyclops' biological father and space fox lover. Like, it needs to be full-tilt "weird" and cool, like a smarter/better Guardians of the Galaxy.

If Kinberg is truly paying attention to why Deadpool and Logan were great and successful, hopefully he sees they need to swing for the fences and really craft a fresh and more "accurate"/"authentic" experience.
PM
^
PatriX
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 11:44 AM

Another "x" in statistix

Fox is doing great solo X-Men movies
Deadpool, Logan
But can they make a great X-Men team movie?
I liked Apocalypse, but apparently I am in the minority.

--------------------
formerly known as Chakal
I am a relic.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: May 1 2017, 12:16 PM

Rogue might be geting recast: http://www.darkhorizons.com/rogue-recast-f...n-dark-phoenix/

There’s still no director as yet announced for Fox’s “X-Men: Dark Phoenix,” but the start date on the follow-up to “X-Men: Apocalypse” is drawing close and is reportedly gearing up to commence production in Montreal in just over a month.

No new cast members have been announced yet either, but Omega Underground has reportedly discovered some official audition videos for three actors trying for four roles in the project – Rarmian Newtown (“Dance Academy”) for both Colin and Shane, Alexa Swinton (“Billions”) for Marie, and newcomer Paul Mescal for Sam.

Those character names are likely fakes to hide the real characters, but the Alexa Swinton video has led to speculation that we may see a much younger version of Anna Paquin’s Rogue in the film.

Fox has “X-Men: The New Mutants,” “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” and “Deadpool 2” said to be on the way next year with all about to begin production over the Summer.

I mean, maybe, but... I don't think this is anything to get fired-up about yet.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (13) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll