Pages: (15) « First ... 13 14 15  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

X-Men: Blue (2017), Cullen Bunn/Jorge Molina
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 06:28 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

QUOTE (sweetdumbass @ Apr 27 2017, 08:24 AM)
lmao what could Magneto and Jean possibly talk about in the first place? She's never been involved in the politics of the X-Men aside from that one line about republicans in Morrisson's run. she was either a support figure or a cosmic time-bomb.

Didn't Claremont writer her as taking over leadership from Gambit during Revolution? HAH. Unless I'm wrong then ignore me
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 07:33 AM

cum ninja

QUOTE (AgentFeliX @ Apr 27 2017, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (sweetdumbass @ Apr 27 2017, 08:24 AM)
lmao what could Magneto and Jean possibly talk about in the first place? She's never been involved in the politics of the X-Men aside from that one line about republicans in Morrisson's run. she was either a support figure or a cosmic time-bomb.

Didn't Claremont writer her as taking over leadership from Gambit during Revolution? HAH. Unless I'm wrong then ignore me

Yes. That's also around when she seduced Cable in her treasure cave and the Slavers reconfirmed Rachel Howlett's true parentage.
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 07:59 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

X-Men Blue #2 by Cullen Bunn, Jorge Molina

-2 Months ago Jeen is meeting Mags in a junkyard. They're discussing trust issues and Jeen says the Blue team were fighting Magneto as if it was only yesterday for them. I guess the fact that Magneto's been a good guy the past 16+ months they've been in our time means nothing. Even Emma wasn't getting treated like a villain this far into being good. Oh wait.
-Mags drops his hardest line of being not morally grey anymore (assuming ya know, he's being on the level). "Mutants have been given yet another chance at survival. Perhaps our last chance. It is an opportunity I do not want to see squandered. Charles Xavier dreamed of a world where human and mutant could co-exist in peace. Once, I challenged that idea. Now, though, I believe that if mutants are to survive, they must do so alongside humans."
-Mags has the self awareness to know that the world will never see him as anything but the terrorist he used to be. So he wants the bright fresh innocent faces of the Blue squad to do his "dirty" work for him. To prove his intentions he takes off his helmet to let Jeen read his mind.
-Flash forward to the present. The kids are fighting Magneto. Storm, Spidey, Cap, and others are passed out on the ground. Mags is ranting and raving about the world belonging to mutants and the X-Men needing to join him. Slim and Angel are taking shots at him. Mags throws a train car at Slim and he tries to slow it with his optic blasts and fails getting crushed. In the next panel we see Jeen walking with him in a limp. "Danger Room end program".
-Bobby and Hank weren't at the training session. The other 3 decide they are slacking and that they need to talk to them. Angel agrees to talk to Bobby and Scott to talk to Hank. Jeen is a true leader, she delegates everything. Jeen deletes the record of the training session so Mags doesn't know they're preparing to fight him if needed.
-Hank is being a stuck up little whiny teenager when Scott comes to see him. Says if he keeps getting bothered he'll miss more practices. (This is when the coach kicks the player off). Scott apologizes for criticizing the magic usage. Hank accepts, and then after Scott leaves, Hank's eyes glow purple and something under him starts speaking creepy about Scott being a scaredy cat.
-Angel walks up to Bobby's room and sees him phone stalking Romeo, who is apparently ghosting him. He decides it's not the best time for a lecture and wanders off without so much as saying hello.
-Jean and Mags talk. It's a tense scene where she's wondering if he knows what they were practicing.
-We flash back to her reading his mind. She sends out decoys in case he's looking at what she's looking at, so he doesn't actually know what memories she's seeing. She finds a Holocaust one. Baby Mags is on his knees. He clenches a fist.
-Flash to Jeen talking to Scott, talking about he's lost so much, but he's so angry.
-Alarm goes off, Sentinels in Bartha. Jeen pulls a "To Me My X-Men".
-They arrive to see tall sentinels that say "Greetings...fellow mutants." They have electronic lighting in their chest and accent tubing that is different colors like power rangers. Green, Red, Yellow, Orange, Blue are represented.
-Mags and nuNanny are back at base. nuNanny asks if Mags is worried about them. "lol they're just sentinels".
-Final page reveal, Mags is working on a time portal to send them back.

=============================================

Still loving this story. It's getting the most out of the O5, it's got solid Magneto. Personally I eat up the whole thing of him buying into the dream. I'm a big fan of Bad=>Good evolving Magneto who looks down upon 90's Mag and still hates SublimeXorneto. The Sentinels situation has me guessing. I was stoned when I read this, and read it right after Gold, and thought for a second maybe they were tying in the whole scapegoating mutants thing. But who knows what it really is. The reveal was a good one too, as is the teasing of Beast being manipulated. There's a really good chance that there can be some good work done with Magic Horned Beast and being related to shitty Future Brotherhood Beast. All Beasts really are bad guys!!!

On the art, Molina feels like half Coipel, half Anime. I love half, but I'm not a fan of the other. So page to page I love some hate some. There's at least 2 panels I actually chuckled out loud at when they did stereotypical "single bead of sweat" and "single tear" down Jeen's face. It was genuinely like seeing anime on the page, and not in a good way. But some ppl are into that I guess. I think the short hair clean cut almost Superman-y haircut on Scott is a good visual representation of the boy scout stuck up nerd he is. The Ramos look in Champions makes Scott seem too Peter Parkerish. Different outsider stereotypes being mixed. There were also 2 weird panels on the first 2 pages where Magneto looks a little odd. Head and helmet shape etc.

+1000 points to colorist Matt Milla for not reading the designs or not following what he was told and doing Scott's visor as Gold. Mixing the silver and gold triggers me so fucking hard. WHO HAS A WHOLE COSTUME ACCENTED IN GOLD AND WEARS A SILVER VISOR!?!?!?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (15) « First ... 13 14 15 
Add Reply
New Poll